cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dictionary help inpout/output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have attached a search help in a context attribute but I need to pass some extra values in the search help before it is called. (the system's language).

How can I set up the input and output of a dictionary based search help on abap web dynpro?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have created the search help then just foloow the following steps

1)goto se11 ..search help ...press change..

2)in the selection method ...write the name of the ztable you want your search help to be associated with.

3)in the search help parameters write the field name you want to be displayed in the search help .

now in the ztable you can populate the dynamic values as many as possible and the same will be reflected in search help.

if you want to remove the repetition of the value in search help write C140_DELETE_DUPLICATES in "search help exit ".

hope this will solve your query.

thanks and regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no problem in creating a search help. My problem is that I don't know how to get and set the input/output of a dictionary search help in an ABAP web dynpro component. What I've done is create a search help and then bind it with a context attribute. This works as far as displaying the help button and getting the correct results. But how can I retrieve programmatically all the fields which the search help is supposed to provide?

Thanks though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usage of OVS component gives better flexibility to play around with data for F4 help.

Thanks and regards,

Pradip

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the search help must be showing the F4 button ..and on clicking it it must be poping up a window and on clicking in one of the values being displayed you can select a value...rite? you have done till this step? is it not?

now after selecting a value in the field you want to retrieve it ....you will have to read the context attribute/node using code wizard to get all the values selected for that particular field.

click on the code wizrd and click on the node select the attribute/node and select the radio button read...you will get the code gerated similar to the one given below

DATA LO_ND_NODE_MAIN TYPE REF TO IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE.

DATA LO_EL_NODE_MAIN TYPE REF TO IF_WD_CONTEXT_ELEMENT.
    DATA LS_NODE_MAIN TYPE WD_THIS->ELEMENT_NODE_MAIN.
    DATA LV_AIRCRAFT_TYPE TYPE WD_THIS->ELEMENT_NODE_MAIN-AIRCRAFT_TYPE.

*   navigate from <CONTEXT> to <NODE_MAIN> via lead selection
    LO_ND_NODE_MAIN = WD_CONTEXT->GET_CHILD_NODE( NAME = WD_THIS->WDCTX_NODE_MAIN ).

*   @TODO handle non existant child
*   IF lo_nd_node_main IS INITIAL.
*   ENDIF.

*   get element via lead selection
    LO_EL_NODE_MAIN = LO_ND_NODE_MAIN->GET_ELEMENT( ).
*   @TODO handle not set lead selection
    IF LO_EL_NODE_MAIN IS INITIAL.
    ENDIF.

*   get single attribute
    LO_EL_NODE_MAIN->GET_ATTRIBUTE(
      EXPORTING
        NAME =  `AIRCRAFT_TYPE`
      IMPORTING
        VALUE = LV_AIRCRAFT_TYPE ).

LV_AIRCRAFT_TYPE will get all the value which user selected there..

hope this will help you to know more any query regarding this tell me.

thanks and regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

@sahai.s

You don't understand the problem. I can read a value from an attribute in context.

What I cannot read is all the values returned from a search help. A search help can export many values and that's what I want to get back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rabbitisle,

1. Go for OVS as suggested by Pradip,

There in phase 2 use a select query to get the value from the table

select Field name from table name into ...

Now in the internal table add your own values .

ovs_callback_object->set_output_table( output = internal table).

2. I think you can also use dynamic search help the same way

to get the values from table and then use dynamic search help to populate new values.

Check the component DEMO_VALUE_HELP this might can help you.

Edited by: MonishankarC on Jan 17, 2011 3:04 PM

Edited by: MonishankarC on Jan 17, 2011 3:04 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you want to use EXPORT/IMPORT of additional values from the Search Help, that is possible with DDIC search help, but only if you follow a very specific design. The Search Help must be attached to a data dictionary structure/table. Within the structure/table you must define the mappings of the export/import parameters of the search help. Then you must use this same structure/table as the definition of the context node in Web Dynpro. Only then will the framework perform the automatic copy of exporting/importing values of your search help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers. I've chosen to implement OVS.

@Thomas Jung. I'll have that in mind for the next implementation. At the moment I'm using a custom structure which hasn't got a search help attached. Thanks

Answers (0)