Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Inspection Lot for a several batches of material

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get these result, i have done the following settings but still not able to solve the issue, the requirement is to create the single inspection lot for the several batches. For this I did

1. Batch Management for the raw material.

2. Tried different settings for the Control Inspection Lot i.e. 1, 2 and x as well, not tried Y as it is for GR against the prod order.

3. Then also maintain the Single result in the control indicator of the MIC of the material in inspection plan.

Beside these settings what the settings required to get the above result?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you selected '2' An inspection lot for each material and batch

& tries creating new order.............

Also

Is by chance your material has

1. previously created inspection lot has already been completely credited from the stock

2.The inspection lot manages serial numbers.

3.The inspection lot manages handling units.

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

1. I tried to the '2' An inspection lot for each material and batch= but it still created different lot for the same material instead of creating only a single lot.

As suggested by you,

1. previously created inspection lot has already been completely credited from the stock= no stock has been credited.

2.The inspection lot manages serial numbers.=No Serial Number has been selected and nor the Serial number profile

3.The inspection lot manages handling units. = No

Still any suggestion such as in the custmization?

Thanks,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

When batch is created.What customization you have used for creation of batch?

Apart from this ,one thing is sure ,Its only QM view --->inspection type plays a role in this --->Inspection control.

Now Do one thing-->Create New Order & Check what is status of the inspection lot which is created.?

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sujit,

Thats true, and it works very fine with without batch management but i created a new lot as you said, is having the status

REL CALC SPRQ but still one inspection lot is not created

Its standard SAP in the customization of creating the batch creation for goods movement

Any new suggestion?

Thanks,

Hrishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the input.

Thanks,

Hrishi

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No standard way because the batch number is required at movement if the material is used by batch management.

So the only way is no more inspection lot occured if same material.

I would suggest you implement the customer exit 'QAAT0001'.

Make your own logic to check several batches of same material and give export parameter E_NO_INSPECTION = 'X'.

Then an inspection lot will not be created.

Regards

Luke

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Kim,

As you observred in Without Batch Management, if used the 01 ot 02 Contorl Inspection

type, then it works very fine, but it is not happening with Batch management.

Actually i required the single inspection lot to be create for multiple batches.

Any more suggestion from the forum.

Many Thanks,

Hrishi

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned already, there is no standard way.

An inspection lot must have only one batch number or none in SAP. (you can check table QALS-CHARG)

As you know, the lot summary works well if material without batch management.

But the lot summary does not work for batch because an insp. lot can has only one batch number even if several batch number should be entered when movement.

Regards

Luke