Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprint in PI Implementation

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!!

It will be great if you can share what exactly I need to do in blueprinting in PI implementation from scratch.Are there any specific steps I need to follow/add in Blueprinting?

As I understand the blueprint from the PI point of view , it will include the understating of role of PI in the client landscape, how the PI will be replacing the point to point cases and which are the new business cases where integration is required. Requirement gathering from the landscape point of view will be the key .

This majorly involve:

1. How PI will be interacting with all the systems which include SAP systems , legacy systems and different third party applications?

2. How the integration will be achieved and what are the major factors can affect while doing integration?

3. What will be security features and limitations will be taken into consideration?

Later on the basis of blue print, Functional design will come into picture which will describe the how the integration strategies will be used in the landscape.

Your response will be a great help.

Thanks,

Pushkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Identify all the systems going to be involved in the landscape and identify the mechanisms through which PI can be integrated with

i.e identify systems of internal netwrok and outside network (partner systems)...

Identify Type of adapters can be used/supported for the integrations bwn internal systems and external systems...

Any EDI synchronous messages needs to be handled..any encryption mechanisms...

Design patterns if the communication is to internal and to external...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

First, you just collect information of all existing interfaces and put in excel sheet. The idea is that you have all the information required to start the functional design.Then you come up with your development standard & naming standards document.

Try to make it as simple as possible so even a non technical person can understand it.

In the excel sheet you can use following columns

Third party system

Some Id

Interface Name

Description

SAP Module

Source System

Target System

Protocol (i.e BAPI / RFC / Idoc / Flat File / DB Link or Others)

Mode (Synchronous/ Async)

Frequency

Data Volume

Regards,

Rahul

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get this from ASAP document from the service market place. Just check this link:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700004874282004E

you can also try this link:

http://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/Implementation_Roadmap_XI/index.htm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/04/09/xi--saps-document-templates

Also check this Blog XI - SAP's document templates By Michal Krawczyk

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

Blueprint doc or BRD's (business Requirement docs) are the artifacts which gives a picture of complete project scope,

various systems and modules involved.It should capture all the business requirement from client and you can maintain separate BRD for each SAP module like finace etc or for a business track say sales order processing etc.

There is one useful step by step document which you can refer for the details

http://sapdocs.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/business-blueprint-step-by-step-guide.pdf

Best Regards,

Srinivas