Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO - QTP 10 becomes Idle when a Dialog window opened

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody help on this issue regarding QTP10.0

Scenario

When I execute a workflow in SAP application, It will automatically opens a Windows Application with Dialog Window (pop-up) and state some message.

QTP 10.0 becomes idle once I clicked the "execute" button in SAP and it is not executing further code written to handle dialog window (As per below example, it is not executing "msgbox" statement).

Including "Sync" statment is not working since any line after "SAPButton-Execute" statement is not working. FYI... I am using Business Components (BPT)

SAPObject.Button("Execute")

msgbox "This line is being executed"

Required Action

I need to close the "Dialog Window" first, then the "Main Window" and come back to SAP Application. Main Window is at the back of the dialog window.

Please let me know if there is any solution to handle this issue.

Also let me know any mandatory "Patches" should be installed for QTP 10.0 or any TIMEOUT settings available in QTP

Thanks,

Veera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veera,

I was trying to understand your question but based on my understanding here is my suggestion.

You have mentioned SAP TAO with QTP 10, so you mean is this workflow is portal side or GUI side? Any way,

If it is portal then you need to handle u201CPop-upu201D with code.

try this as per my knowledge, Browser("x").Dialog(u201Cxu201D).WinButton("u201Dxu201D").Exist(0) Then Browser("x").Dialog("x").WinButton("").Click

But if it is only SAP TAO with GUI, use u201CContinue If Window Existsu201D or u201CPress Continueu201D components in the script level.

And also did you install u201CQTP_00626 for HP QuickTest Professional 10.00 QFEu201D for QTP 10.0, if not try to install it.

I donu2019t know is this resolving your problem:) but good luck.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram..

The issue is at SAP GUI...

The workaround of using Windows Object to click SAP Execute Button (instead of using SAP Object) makes QTP to continue executing further statements to handle Dialog Window...

Thanks,

Veera