Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender - Internal driver error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a file to RFC scenario.

The file can have size varying from 5 to 15 MB.

We are getting an error in the sender channel, while picking the file.

Error text: Could not insert message into database. Reason: java.sql.SQLException Internal driver error. (Pipe closed)

Kindly help in solving the issue.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reson coulbe be size of the file, can you try to process small file, if it works then split data in to small chunks.

try to use record set per message option .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Smaller files of 5 MB can be processed.

(After it is coverted from text format into XML in communication channel, it gets roughly five times the original text file size. That means that the XML message will have size of 25 MB in XI.)

The text file which is giving the error has got a size of 19 MB.

I have tried to use 'record per message' option. Given a value of 100 there. Totally there are 500 records.

But I am seeing the message in the communication chennel log like given below.

"Send binary file "cost_report.dat" from ftp server "6.23.43.6:/Information/ERP/upload/", size 83981954 bytes with QoS EO"

From this I am concluding that file is not getting split according to 'recordset per message' settings. XI is trying to read the entire file.

Why is the this setting not working?

Or will XI split the file all at once and after that only the split happens?

Kindly help.

Thanks,

John

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From this I am concluding that file is not getting split according to 'recordset per message' settings. XI is trying to read the entire file.

First XI reads the file then this recordset per message comes in picture. I guess it won't help. You need to handle the splitting of the file before it comes to XI.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Try setting the "ftp.timeout" parameter in the Advanced section of the file adapter.

Thanks,