cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view status of background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody help me out with viewing of background Job's status for day older than 15 days,(since the data of the day older than 15 days is not available in sm37)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashula

I assume you have the standard SAP job running to cleanup the job logs (you can check in SM36 --> button Standard Jobs) SAP_REORG_JOBS.

You can also check through SM37 by looking for program RSBTCDEL2 (or RSBTCDEL in older versions).

You will probably find that it cleans up job logs older than 15 days in your case. In that case you cannot retrieve them (hence it's called a cleanup job and it's scheduled to avoid having massive ammounts of job log data).

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

You are absolutely right this Job is scheduled but isn't there any table or any place where we can find the data or in the other way u can say that where the status os stored and this Job doesn't delete data from there?

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Table TBTCO keeps the status of SAP jobs. You could check if the job ran by checking the table.

Other related tables also start with TBT (use SE16 and place in TBT* and press F4 to see the list of tables + description).

I don't think you can retrieve the actual job log though since those are written on filesystem level and are deleted by the runtime of RSBTCDEL2.

If you have a full filesystem backup you could retrieve the job logs from tape perhaps but would be some work.

Why is a job log of 15 days ago important ?

Kind regards

Tom