cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipments between two plants and stock transport order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am planning to move stock between two plants under the same company code using shipments.

i also created one stage in the shipment to move the stock from one plant to other.

Could you pl. advise whether it is necessary to create stages to move stock from one plant to other.

Can the stock be moved between two plants without creating stages and just by saving the shipment.

if i create stage should i mention the destination plant as customer or vendor.

Also can i create STO to move the stock between two plants instead of creating Shipment to move stock between two plants.

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxx,

You have three choices.

1. Just use an inventory management movement (Plant to plant movement, one or two steps)

2. Use LE (logistics execution by creating a delivery from an STO (Plant to Plant) - The goods issue of the STO delivery can be configured as one or two step movement depended on the requirement for receipt at the receiving plant

3. Collect your STO relevant delivery/deliveries in a shipment and control the goods issue via the shipment statuses

Ultimately it is the business prcoess and the amount of control/ visibility of the process that will determine which one of these three options would apply best to your situation but all three are configurable.

Thanks James

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maxx,

Could you pl. advise whether it is necessary to create stages to move stock from one plant to other.

Can the stock be moved between two plants without creating stages and just by saving the shipment.

If you want to move stock from one plant to another plant within same comonay code then without creating stages, means you cannot do shipemnt in this case.

This type of stock transfer can only be carried out in Inventory Management. Neither Shipping in the issuing plant nor Purchasing in the receiving plant is involved in the process.

This is transferring of stock with one step where stock transfer is carried by transfer posting. The quantity of the stock transferred is posted immediately from the unrestricted-use stock of the issuing plant to the unrestricted-use stock of the receiving plant .

And the transfer posting is valuated at the valuation price of the material in the issuing plant.

If you want to use shipment, then you have to use material staging at repective plants, where goods will be delivered via delivery processing and hence involves shipment.

Process Flow will be as follows :

STO created at (recieving Plant A) >>Plant B(Issuing plant -replenishment delivery in Shipping) created>>Goods issue at Plant B>> Stock can be seen in Transit >>Goods reciept at (Plant A).

The stock in transit is therefore reduced and the unrestricted-use stock increased.

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create STO for moving stocks from one plant to another. Mtype 351 can be used. You can create a STO in ME21N with std. doc type UB. But if you use 351, you cannot have billing documents