0 Kudos

Hi experts,

thanks for your answer, but this is the question I got in the interview

can you help me out please!

thanks

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is an interview question - then answer should be Shipping Point. It is the basic org. unit for Delivery processing.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think from business perspective, the Delivery Process has 3 main steps: (1) Create Delivery Note, (2) Picking and Packing, (3) Post Goods Issue. Details could be some I suggest below, and based on that, the configuration can be done accordingly :

(1) Delivery Note: control document of shipping for a sales order, deliveries can be from standard SO, customer consignment SO, returns SO or stock transfer for inter-company sales or intra company; control status of Delivery Note; re-confirm availability check, credit check, delivery scheduling; transportation planning through the Routes (transportation zone and shipping point)

(2) Picking and Packing: moving goods out of the warehouse to pack or load - picking can be configured to be done automatically if the sloc has no WM-integrated. If sloc has WM-integrated, you need to do Transfer Order to select bin and confirm it (with Storage Unit - pallet if required). During Picking, you can have Batch Determination, Material Determination, Serial Number, Inspection lot (QM integrated); Packing - I think this is needed if you have Handling Unit.

(3) Post Goods Issue: Updates quantity in the inventory; update G/L accounts (Debit COGS, Credit Inventory). This step will be called "Post Goods Receipt" if the process is for SO returns, consignment SO returns... If you receive returns stock into sloc with WM-integrated, you need to more steps to putaway stock by creating TO and confirms the bin to complete the Return process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sophia,

please elobarate your question with an example.

so that answers will be better.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sophia,

Could you elaborate your queey. exact requirment