cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to open configtool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have refreshed my solution manager sandbox from production.

Java was not coming up

So i was doing post refresh activity for java according to note 831812

Now when i try to open config tool,i am getting below error:

==============================================================================================

Error while accessing secure store: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong..

=============================================================================================

when i checked below file:

/sapmnt/SMX/global/security/data/secstore.properties ...i saw that there were entries of different system.

How can i correct this.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Vishesh S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to again perform system copy,now the issue is solved

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Goldeneye,

The SecStore.key is an encrypted file that contains the key to unlock the SecStore.conf.

You cannot just copy this key if you changed something (SID for example) in

your SecStore. The key won't be correspondent to this SecStore anymore.

==============================================================================================

Error while accessing secure store: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong..=============================================================================================

Please check the following url to know how to manage and re-encrypt the

content of the secure storage file.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/3d/2e104202795e33e10000000a

155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps avoid a system restore!

Regards,

Paul

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have used backup restore apprach that's why you are facing this problem. For a dual stack system, you need to use export/import method for system refresh as for java system most of the information lies in file system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What sould i do now.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

did u try to launch the offline editor? ./offlinecfgeditor.sh if you able to launch this apply the sap note [831812-config tool parameter after system copy|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=831812] and edit the parameters stated in the note.

if you not able to launch offline configurator then please go ahead create a new secstore,properties file from the other system with your data and paste in ur system, start the JAva it should work

Thanks,

Jansi

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wat was your approach for the refresh???

Regards,

Nirmal.K