cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

homogenious system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, a simply question.

If i need to do an homogenious copy from a production server(ECC 6.0 with Netweaver 7) using database independant method.

This copy is for have another system for test before apply the enhancement package for the ERP.(this system never will be productive)

Then my question is, doing this copy need the server going to downtime?, or can I do the export with sapinst without stop the production sap server?

In my scenary i only need the new system for test, do i really need do the follow-up Activities specified in the system copy guide? there are a lot of activities.

I guest that this is the best method, although i can go for oracle and windows dependant method.

I already read the guides, but i need a expertice advice.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

With no downtime you can perform this activity -

1) By using the last offline backup of production system

2) Export / Import method using SAPInst

Also post the OS / DB details if you require more information.

Thanks,

Salim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use an online backup for the homogenious copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can use online backup

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use online_cons backup for this.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if your prod. system is already configured in solman you can generate the xml file for ehp upgrade for the prod. system.

After the system copy is finished you can edit the xml file which was generated for prod system once and use it for the ehp upgrade on dev. system.

You just have to change the Hostname/ SID in the XML file.

Mfg

Edited by: Michael Rumetshofer on Jan 19, 2011 9:07 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is single stack system (ABAP only) then you can go ahead with backup restore method but if it is dual stack system then you need to use export/import method only. If you later on going to perform EHP upgrade on this test system then I will recommend you to do the post system copy activities.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for details.

But, i need to connect this system to landscape, to solution manager etc?

Remember that i need that system(Windows/oracle) to test the enhancement package installation for ERP 6.0

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you have done the system copy (presume to a different SID and a separate host) you can without any issues add it to SMSY in Solman and use maintainance optimizer to select/download/approve all the required files.

That is the best way to do it.

Regards

Juan