SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of budget / Plan data from CO to BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our case, planned budget is entered in CO through KP06 and that is brought into FM using the transaction FMCYCOPI_CO. However, when the budget comes across, the grant shows up as 'not relevant' (the grant set up as the 'not relevant grant').

I changed the 'not relevant grant' assignment in FMDERIVE too; When i did this and tried the FMCYCOPI_CO again, i got an error (see below):

Grant XXXX cannot be used for entering budget in Funds Management

Message no. GRANTMGMT637

Diagnosis

You are trying to create an entry budget document in Funds Management using a grant.

System Response

For entry documents, only the following are allowed in such cases:

A grant with a value of space

A grant with whatever value has been defined for the activity "Not Relevant for Grants"

Procedure

Change the line item of the budget document where you are using a grant different than the permitted options described above.

Has someone encountered this problem wherein the grant number doesnt come over from CO to FM? Does this mean i cannot budget against a grant? Is there any additional setting necessary for this to come across?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

PSM

Edited by: sap_psm_2 on Jan 17, 2011 1:02 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message appears when there is Grants and FMactivated and integrated.

Normally if you budget in FM, you have to choose the "not relevant grant".

Then you can transfer this amount to GM in what is called the grant ceiling scenario.

Otherwise, you can activate one Badi, that allows you to budget directly in FM your grant.

Hope it helps,

best regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message appears when there is Grants and FMactivated and integrated.

Normally if you budget in FM, you have to choose the "not relevant grant".

Then you can transfer this amount to GM in what is called the grant ceiling scenario.

Otherwise, you can activate one Badi, that allows you to budget directly in FM your grant.

Hope it helps,

best regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not clear by your statement "normally if you budget in FM, you have to choose the 'not relevant grant'" - because, I have used FMBB to create budgets in FM with a real grant (not the not relevant grant).

Does this mean you cannot plan budgets on the CO side at all?

Also, please let me know which BADI you are referring to.

Thanks,

PSM

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are able to budget a grant directly in FMBB, that means that you have already the badi activated.

In that case you shoul open a OSS message.

best regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks again for your reply.

If the BADI is already in there, then why is the grant number not populated?

Eli / Mar - any input on this issue? Please help....

Thanks,

PSM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I continue to look on this, and I found on help.sap that

"If you try to copy planned budget to the Budget Control System (BCS), the grant information is not transferred"

How did you solve this issue?

0 Kudos

PSM... I have a question. Did you say that you have used FMBB to create budget entry documents in FM that contained actual GM grant master data instead of the "not_relevant"?

0 Kudos

Hi Will,

That is possible if you activate the badi for that purpose.