Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL configuration for PI7.1 EPH1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i wanted to know for PI7.1 EPH1 version ,

is it like SSL configuration should be done on both stacks(j2ee+abap). if we use NWA tool on J2EE for configuration , will get it reflected to the ABAP stack as well. or do we still need to use STRUST seperately for ABAP SSL configuration

i know for older versions we use to do it seperately for both J2EE and ABAP. I couldn't find any standard document for 7.1 EHP1 versions.

please shed some light on this so that it could give me some clarity.

thanks,

durga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still we need to do SSL configuration seperatly on both side. in ABAP with STRUST and in J2EE side using NWA.

There is no other change.

~ Premlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First configure the SSL for your ABAP stack. I think this should be fine. You should be able to use the HTTPS for you java stack as well. If you go to SMICM and see the service port numbers for HTTPS or HTTP. This will be the same for your java stack as well. But may be I am wrong, You have to add the SSL libraries for your java stack to understand this protocol.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes its seperate for ABAP and J2EE stacks

closing the thread

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom is right, only one thing changed, you don't use the visual admin tool to configure the keystore on the java side. All is now with the browser in nwa.

Cheers Michael

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Durga

When the documentation is not updated for the newer version of a SAP product you can assume it's still valid.

I would recommend you perform the setup (combined) on both parts to avoid issues.

Kind regards

Tom