cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM/SAINT Update Issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In my office i have updated the SPAM version to SAPKD70038, but i have not updated prerequisites SAPKD70022,70023,70024,70025,70026,70027,70028,70029,70030,70031,70032,70033,70034,70035,70036,70037. In this case can i uninstall or reverse the SPAM version into earlier one that is SAPKD70021 which was the old version SPAM and then update the SPAM Patches one by one.

Please help in this issue, also provides us the symptoms and risk that affect my SAP ECC 6.0.

Regards

M.L.Gopinath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Elnino,

The given answer is very helpful, can you please let me know system backup insense it is a USR folder backup or ......

And one more thing is in SPAM T-Code the earlier patches are showing as " IS OBSOLETE " is there any issues later, how i can delete or uninstall that particular message from SPAM T-code.

Regards

M.L.Gopinath

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPAM patches are not like other support patches where you have to import in sequence. You can directly update to latest SPAM version and all previous packages are not required. So, what you did is right.

Also, there is no way you can roll back your patches once you applied except database restore. So, if there is need to revert back the patches then you need to restore the database backup of timestamp before applying the patches.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sunny,

Thanks a lot.

Regards

M.L.Gopinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

You can directly update SPAM/ SAINT to the latest support package as it does not have any prerequisite.

You can not revert an applied support package unless you have a backup of the system before applying a support package.

Let us know if you have any querry.

Mark the thread as answered if your query is resolved.

Cheers!!!

Elnino

Edited by: El Nino on Jan 16, 2011 11:29 PM