Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication strategy and Position of communication type in communication

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In all systems I have worked with there has always been only one entry in the list of "communication type in communicaton", and this communication type is INT = E-Mail.

SPRO->SAP neweaver->Application Server->Basis services->Message Control->Determine Communication Strategy.

Can anyone explain the purpose of multiple positions in the list of communication types, and especially the PRT communication type.

Normally we use Medium = Print output (nast-nacha = 1) for print, and Medium = External Send (nast-nacha = 5) for E-Mail, but External Send is actual a link to the Communication Strategy, that again links to the list of communication types.

Now I wonder if it would be possible to put in an other entry as position 2: PRT = Printer.

My goal would be to make the output determination determine INT if the current business partner has an email address, and if no email address exist then it should determine PRT.

I already tried to make this setup, without success.

Can anyone tell me if the External Send option can be used as I want?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

i am facing the same Problem as you have had. please let me know how did your solve it ? i want also to determine INT in communication strartegy if delivery to Party has an email otherwise it should determine LET for printing.

Regards

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't use it today, but yes - it worked okay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES you can use external send option in communication strategy. Medium 5 is to be set for external send. You need to check out SCOT settings if it is not working.

For better insight on this you can check [External Send - Sending PO by email|http://www.sap-img.com/materials/external-send-sending-po-by-email.htm]

Edited by: K.Manas on Jan 17, 2011 9:46 AM

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K.Manas

Thanks for your reply. You did however not address my problem. I already have a working email setup.

My question is if it is possible to setup PRT as option 2 for extrenal send if the vendor does not have an email address.

I would append this second option by creating a new communications strategy ZCS1 as a copy of CS01, but with a step 2 with communication type PRT.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Use communication type LET for printout.

Best regards,

Thomas