cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near Fixed Storage Bin Strategy-I guess it is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a product for e.g. Product-A that has a put away rule specified as Addition to stock/near fixed bin with capacity check and max bins active. The product master has two bins of fixed storage type assigned to them. The scenario has to work like this

When product A is received or any GR takes place then the assigned fixed bins should be replenished first. These two bins belong to storage type-A configured with the near fixed bin strategy as put away rule. If anything excess(weight check) the other storage type Product-B should be determined by the system.

I've defined the put away sequence and assigned sto types A and B in sequence. I also defined a put away storage control indicator(PACI) and specified the defined put away sequence to it. Updated the warehouse prod master data with PACI and St type A, also adopted it. Assigned the two bins of St type A to this product. The max weight of each bin is 40kg

When I received the first load of 30 kg, the system correctly determined the first bing of sto type A and I created the task and confirmed it. Now, bin 1 of St type has still 10 Kg left and bin 2 unfilled capacity is 40kg. Now I received a load of 70kg, system determines St Type -B.

I want the system to first utilize all capacity in the two assigned bins of St type A before determining St Type-B. Have I missed any config to accomplish this? Please let me know. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you want a combination of putaway strategies.

1. Addittion to stock

and

2. Near pick face bin

you might find that you will have to develop this strategiy using the user exits.

Thanks James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Thanks for you reply. Could you please tell me how exactly this Near pick face bin strategy works.

Thanks!

Edited by: valakrrl85 on Jan 17, 2011 8:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Near pick face bin will look for a bin (reserve) close to a fixed bin (pick face).

The strategy is configerable and allows you to determine via config, how far and at what bin level the system will search for an empty bin location. - once the limit of the bin search is reached the system will use next empt bin strategy for the rest of the storage type.

My interpretation of the strategy is that it reduces the travel distance of MHE during replenishment. i.e. as you have placed the reserve stock above or close to the fixed bin pick face during putaway.

From your desription of your requirements this strategy does not meet your requirements because the system does not first attempt to add to stock and thus does not help with stock storage density by placing the same materials together in one bin.

Thanks James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, you are right this strategy doesn't satisfy my requirement. Looks like we got to do some enhancement. Thanks for your time.