cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link sales order with the PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

A s per my business requirement, we create a sales order and according to this sales order if the material is not available in stock we want to create purchase order to the vendor for the materials which not available, How I link the sales order with the purchase order?

Can you please any one help and advise me how this scenario can be handled in SAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are two way to map this.

1. you should have conig in SD that item category TAN can be changed to TAS manualy for the sales order document type then if the user finds that there is no stock available in the company then u select TAS in place of TAN and system will create a PR and then PO so this way mapping could be done.

2. suppose u have already created the SO with item category TAN then you can later on create a PO in ME21N and there you can select the item account assignment category as Individual requiremen/sales order and there you can mention the sales order details in item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you looking to map cross docking or third party sales in your system. In both of these cases, purchase order is created which is link to sales order via purchase requistion. The only difference, here in these scenario's is that goods movement doesn't take place within the plant.

If this is so, then, you have customize, item categories and schedule lines used for them accordingly.

Ideally , in the aabove mentioned scenario (cross docking, third party sales) material are not kept in stock.

Br,

Tushar