cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY RFCs for SOLMAN called NONE. Itu00B4s that OK?

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am configuring Change Request Management, so when I generated RFCs for SolMan 100 and 000 client, it shows NONE as

read, trusted and change manager.

It´s that OK?

Also when I checked the RFCs shows this:

RFC destination NONE check beginning (GREEN)

RFC destination NONE is not of type R/3 connection ---> (RED) Error!

RFC destination NONE check ended (GREEN)

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me expalin that on a system RFC NONE is a connection to itself.

It is a special RFC and could be compated to a loopback circuit.

So an example if Solution Manager was performing an SDCCN task to run an EWA report in itself, it could use RFC NONE and would not need to use SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_BACK to send the data back to the Solution Manager system, though you could still define and use that RFC it is th same destination as RFC NONE in that case.

But if you had a satellite system specify RFC NONE as the destination RFC the data would not be able to ge off the system on RFC NONE.

Also, you should NOT attempt to create an RFC called NONE.

The error you are getting is not in SM59 is it? Is it the check from SMSY?

If it is in SMSY, and RFC NONE is in the client tab for READ, TRUSTED, etc RFCs and it is not the Solution <Mnager system itself, then the RFC's have not been created properly in SMSY. THere is a wizard that can assist in this case.

Regards,

Paul

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your help.

In TX SMSY the RFCs for 100 and 000( SOLMAN) shows NONE. The message when in check connection is:

RFC destination NONE check beginning

RFC destination NONE is not of type R/3 connection (RED)

RFC destination NONE check ended

On the other hand the RFCs for satellite systems are SM_SIDCLNT100_XXXX

And cheks are fine!

Any clue?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

This is only an error because RFC NONE is special.

RFC destination NONE is not of type R/3 connection (RED)

This statement is correct, because an type R/3 RFC connection is type "3" in the RFC defintion.

The special RFC NONE is of RFC type "I" and not type "3".

This is why you get the error, but it can be ignored because when you use NONE, it doesn't need to be a Type 3 connection, but the expectation is it will be a type 3 connection.

Primarily these connection are to external systems. When the RFC connection is required to the managing system (itself) then you can use the NONE type "i" (for Internal) RFC, but you will get this error. Just double click on NONE in SMSY for the client you are testing, and you will get the option to do a SM59 connection test. If the connection test is okay, the RFC is functioning, and there is no issue to be concerned about.

If you just don't want to see that red error in the SMSY RFC check, then you can't use RFC NONE. You will have to create and use the Type "3" or R/3 RFC connection in the format SM_<SID>CLNT<nnn>_***. Then the SMSY RFC check will return all green, because it will be of a type "3" RFC Connection. See?

I hope I have made sense of this for you Jorge.

Regards,

Paul

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I tested the RFCs NONE in SM59 as you explained and it's ok!

I don't have to worry about the R/3 message? . Do I can following configure CHARM?

On the other hand if added the domain link (DOMAIN_DEV) in SolMan, I don't have to add SMP (SolMan) to that transport route right?

Regards

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

As I explained the message is coming because RFC NONE is not a TYPE 3 RFC connection as expected. But NONE is special and can be used because the connection is actually the the same system. If you want to eliminate the error, then you need to define the RFC in the format SM_<SID>CLNT<nnn>_*** as a type 3 (R/3 ABAP) connection. Then there will not be an error that you are not using an R/3 connection.

In either case you may continue with your configuration bcause the RFC functions.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (0)