cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Package Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am fairly new to this fascinating world of BASIS and I need help on this issue. Please help me.

SCENARIO:

I have an ECC 6.0 ABAP+JAVA system (SR2) and i want to apply EHP1 to it.

PROBLEM:

I don't have a SOLUTION MANAGER. The SOLMAN which I had is not at the working state due to some technical issues. So now I want to apply EHP1 from the ECC system itself. I have never applied any EHP before, so I am very shaky before doing this. Can you all suggest me what are the PROs and CONs that I need to look into before applying this.

Also please give me the information about the pre-requisites, i.e., SOFTWARE & HARDWARE requirements.

It would be very helpful if you guys can provide me the MEDIA LIST of the total EHP1 software download from SMP.

Please do the needful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also suggest to intall EhP 4 (Go from ERP 6 to ERP 6.04) or higher. You can use the SAP Enhancement Package Installer for this. If you don`t have any Solution manager please see that you can use the SP-STACK application (Goto SMP->Download->Support Packages->SAP ERP . There you should find something called as SP-Stack application) in SMP to download the required packages.. Check the url http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp for more information.

Regards,

Jyotish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

They are really helpful for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you already check the following link ?

[http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp|http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp]

It contains a lot of documents and roadmaps for the EHP implementation.

The link "Enhancement Package lifecycle" on the link I have provided will be very usefull to you.

I'm afraid you will need a Solution Manager, especially the MOPZ (Maintenance Optimizer).

The MOPZ will help you select the Software Components based on the required Business Functions.

I hope this can help you.

Wim Van den Wyngaert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But the thing is I have an ECC system which is only for demo purpose and I wnt to apply EHP1 to it, just for the sake of my own knowledge. I don't know what will be the business functions, based on which I will apply this (as it's just a demo). the prime purpose of applying this package is to gather important knowledge and informations about the overall process of EHP application so that in future if i apply EHP to real-time project servers, i don't face any problems.

Standing at this juncture, I need more informations.

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want an EP1 or EHP4 Sytem???

If EHP1 then you can go aead with transaction SAINT.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I don't think being afraid is the good way to go in general. You will always encounter topics or tasks which you haven't yet done. If you have to perform this task under time constraint and you have no idea where to start, point out that it's the first time this is done and request more time to look at it properly if you feel you will not make the deadline.

The fact that you are willing to learn is a good thing but if you want to do it properly I would advise you to use a SAP Solution Manager. You could insert the (demo) SAP system data manually into transaction SMSY and go from there to download the correct packages. Afterwards you can remove the entry from SMSY so that the demo SAP system is cleaned up out of the SAP Solution Manager.

I would also advise you to go for a EHP4 or even EHP5 (when generally available) installation as I doubt any customer will want to still implement EHP1.

You should have a basic knowledge first how the EHP installation is performed, the above information provided to you can serve as a base from where you can read up on the available information.

Kind regards

Tom