cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product priority functionality in APO PPDS

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly send me the step by step procedure to use the product priority functionality in APO PPDS.

I want to achieve product sequence on resources with the use of product priority function in PPDS.

Regards

pradeepta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

There is a drawback in using a product priority functionality. that is

Say you have two products, Product A & B

You have defined priority as A = 1, B = 2 in product master.

Change over from A to B is 4 hrs and B to A is 6 hrs

planning horizon as 1 day/week

Plan to produce both the products every week for next 1 year

If you use product priority then most of the time you will achieve the below result in which u will loose time in change over from B to A.

(A - B) - [A - B] - {A - B}

System will schedule A first then it will schedule B. This result is Ok for the first cycle.

Next cycle system will schedule A and then B. with this result u will be loosing time in change over.

If u use heuristics or optimization then system will always take priority as main criteria in scheduling products with out considering other complex constraints.

Regards

Sravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepta,

You want to sequence the orders based on priority of product i.e. product with higher priority should be given more preference than product with lower priority.

1. Maintain Product priority in SNP2 tab same will be displayed in PPDS tab.

2. In Planning version settings(Tcode-/SAPAPO/MVM) determine priority you can set to value-2---determine always from product.

3. Configure strategy profile with required scheduling mode(find slot/insert operation so on) and click on schedule sequence and select ascending or decending order of priority according to your requirement.

4. You can use reschedule function in DS board or planning run with above strategy to sequence the orders accordingly.

5. You can use DS heuristic SAP001 also with schedule sequence based on priority.

6.If you want to use optimizer you can give preference for scheduling ordes with very high priority by mentioning priority in order processing tab priortization of orders feild or mentioning delay costs based on priority but I donot think this help achive the product sequence.

Regards,

Santosh