Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch Alert Administration issue

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one doubt related with configuration of Early Watch Alert Administration (transaction SOLMAN_EWA_ADMIN).

In this table it is possible to change the default settings for the session dates. But why I have no possibility to have a checkbox in other lines, for other systems, to the colums "Send to EWA" and "Send EWA Notifications to SAP". In my case the systems D01, D02, Q01 and W01 doesn´t have the checkboxes in that two colums of Send to EWA and Send EWA Notifications to SAP as shown for other systems (P01, PSM, Q02). If you look up the following picture I think you will understand better which is my problem and what I want to know... why I don´t have that checkboxes in both colums for those systems?

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6484/ewalert.jpg

Can you help me please?

Thank you

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will only have the option to SEND to SAP systems of the Type "Production" or "Test" (Quality Assurance).

All other system types cannot be sent to SAP, and the lack of check boxes prevents the user from trying.

There is no problem here. This is exactly as designed.

Regards,

Paul

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paul Babier,

The reason it doesn´t seems that, because when I go to SCC4 both Quality systems that we have are defined with the same client role and furthermore at Maketplace in Data Administration both systems has the exactly the same definion of System Type which is "Test system".

According to this facts I still don´t understand why in Q02 I have that option and in the other Quality System (Q01) it doesn´t has!

I did another thing to test other option, in an attempt to understand what is happening, I changed, in solution, the position of Q01 where was Q02 and the Q02 where was Q01 and now, after this change, the lack of check boxes is at Q02!

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

How is the system definined in the solution?

This is where the role is assigned (in the solution), and it doesn't matter how the system is named, it will be given the

role of the system type it is placed in in the solution.

The solution the names are Production and QAS ( but QAS is really type TEST)

This cab be further confirmed in solman_ewa_admin.

The check box will be unavailable, and only available to check if the system is in the solution as Type Production or Quality Assurance.

This is how it is setup, so you need to check the solution itself to determine the system type, because this is where

solman_ewa_admin picks it up from, and I don't see you have said you checke dit there. Please do and you will see the inconsistency in defintions, and why you cannot add the system as defined.

Regards,

Paul

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paul... Ok, but to that point, to that conclusion I had arrived.

When I opened this message, I forgot to said, but I had already created a new one type of role... in SMSY I went to the solution definition, this screen has a set of buttons, one is named "System Roles", there I created a new type of role name, I chose in field system type the "Target Systems" type with description "Qualidade" (which means Quality in Portuguese language, you can see this in that URL image). So when I did that a new type of role was shown in solution and I defined in that the Q01 system... so I think this is correct, I don´t know why this not assume that new role as a Quality Assurance like assume in case of Q02 which have the exactly same type of role - Target Systems.

Can you help me...?! I don´t know if I explained well the situation here... I hope so.

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello João,

Please make sure that the system has been correctly set as PRODUCTIVE. Also ensure that the SOLUTION that the system belongs to is also PRODUCTIVE. If any of these are DEV or QA this option will not be available.

Thanks,

Mark

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello João,

If the role for the system in the solution is Production or Quality Assurance (test), and the status is "Put in Solution" then they should be picked up as those system types. You would then check Solman_ewa_admin, and it also identifies the system type here too. These should match the type the system has been assigned in the solution.

It is very graphically displayed in Solman_EWA_admin.

You will be able to Send EWA to SAP only if the system type is one of these two types, otherwise there are no check boxed available for that option. If they are not available (blue shaded- like a grey out) then the systen type is not Production or QAS ( Quality Assurance). This is your case!

Its pretty straightforward that way, and can easily be seen graphically when you run transaction solman_ewa_admin as you have.

If you look at the image file you provided a link to, it is showing exactly what I have said....Production and Quality Assurance are the ONLY TWO system types that you can send. So Development, Test, Sandbox, Training, and also Qualidade are not one of the two types are they. This is indeed reflected on your solman_ewa_admin screen shot isn't it? The two allowed types present you the check box. All other types do not offer you the option.

If you want to send ithis system's EWA data to SAP you will have to change the system type from Qualidade to Quality Assurance system. There is no other system type allowed (since it is not a Production system).

I don't know what more i can ad since I have answed your question twice? And your screen shot is confirming what I have said.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you assign the system to a product under logical components in SMSY ensure its a 'Z' copy, assign the system as a production system role, and you will need to assign this to the solution landscape. from my experience you will need to delete the old product from the solution landscape in SMSY and re add the 'Z' product copy to the landscape and it will pick up the changes. Please be aware i am not sure how much setup you have done for solution monitoring but you may lose all of it and need to redo it again if you delete and re add. also ensure you have given the right assignment to the "type of role".