cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP receiver problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am sending data to the webservice using SOAP receiver. In the runtime workbench I can see the message as successfull, but the end user is claiming that , he didn't get the data from XI.

What could be the possible reason for this?

Where might the message lost?

And for one message which is using SOAP receiver as communication channel , In the audit log I can see the steps as below:

SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

SOAP: completed the processing

SOAP: continuing to response message

SOAP: sending a delivery ack

SOAP: sent a delivery ack

The message was successfully delivered to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

MP: Leaving module processor

The message status set to DLVD.

For other message I can see the log as :

SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

SOAP: completed the processing

SOAP: continuing to response message

SOAP: sending a delivery ack ...

SOAP: sent a delivery ack

MP: Leaving module processor

The message was successfully delivered to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

The message status set to DLVD.

Both are using same communication channel. still u can see the difference in the steps that are exicuted (check leaving module processer line in both).

Is it mandatory that the series of steps should be same for all the messages?

I have 2 queries, please answer both......

Thanks SPMD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>>> Where might the message lost?

Your information shows that message is delivered. So the messages are left from PI. The problem is at your target system. Check using soapclient or soapsonar or xmlspy and see do you get the same problem.

>>> Is it mandatory that the series of steps should be same for all the messages?

I think that should not be a problem. Multiple threads are handling pipleline steps for different messages in Integration engine. so the order should not be a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As a first test , import the wsdl shared by third party in soap uI/MS infopath/xml spy , fill in the test data (preferably same which you are trying to post now) and do a test :- doing this you will get to know if there is any problem in the WS iteslf. if you get http 200 ok then posting happened and ask the third party to check if they got any request.

If you have sync soap then you will be getting the desired response back to soap ui .

Also check if you need to put soap action also check the content type if its text/xml or app/xml some WS dont accept App/xml u may need to use message transformation bean in modules tab.

if there is any connectivity at ntwrk level then please try if you can trouble shoot using this blog

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/01/09/troubleshooting-soap-message--xi

Regards

$rinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I am sending data to the webservice using SOAP receiver. In the runtime workbench I can see the message as successfull, but the end user is claiming that , he didn't get the data from XI.

What could be the possible reason for this?

Where might the message lost?"

ans: Looks like the messages have been deliveried, othwise, you wouldn't have gotten what you are getting (DLVD). There's a problem with the receiving side.