Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO doesn't create STO in SNP

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When the FC Req is entered, APO generates PReq in the Receiving SAP R/3 and in Interactive Production Planning (Product view) on the Supplaying Location there is Stock Transport Requsition. After Product Heuristic run a Planned Order is created on Supp. R/3 system.

The problem is when PReq is manually converted to POin Recv R/3 system . Stock Transport Req. is deleted and by running Product Heuristic on Supp. Location a Planned Order is also deleted! So, it seems as there is no more demand for production when PR is converted to PO?!

Can you please suggest what should be done to get STO generated and Planned Order not deleted.

Thanks,

Nenad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad Kalman

Our Company has merged with another company so we have 2 ECC systems and 2 APO systems. We are planning to remove 1 APO system but 2 ECC systms will be there for 2-3 years, so we have to come up with a scenerio similar to you. Can you please explain the STO scenario you are trying to plan?

It would be of great help to me.

Pradeep

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please take a look at first post I wrote at this thread and also check link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo31/helpdata/en/71/fe703b3de59e4fe10000000a114084/content.htm

as well as OSS Note 390794.

It's planned to use only SNP run in APO. So, in the Ordering R/3, after Product Heuristic run, a Purchase Requsition is created and at Issuing plant on the Product View in APO there is Stock Trasnport Req. By converting PReq in Ordering R/3 system into Purchase Order, the STR was deleted . At the same time an IDOC was sent to to Issuing R/3 system to generate Sales Order. Actually, I've asked how the Stock Transport Order could be created in order to avoid incosistence when SO is not created but PO exists. As I found, the only way to create STO in SNP is to convert PReq into PO directly in APO, not in R/3. Then, STO is created and after creating Sales Order STO will be deleted.

I hope it was helpful to you

BR,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..Yes it was very helpful. I may bug you again.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

Have you checked if the PO/STO is visible in the product view? It could seem like a problem of replication from ECC->APO.

Have you run the delta report? (/n/SAPAPO/CCR)

BR

Søren

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

After converting PReq into PO at Recv R/3 system, PO is visible at the Product view (no records found in delta report). But this conversion causes existing STReq to be deleted (aka PurReqRel) and no STO appeared. So this is not regular situation concerning there is no more demand for production.

Regs,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

Let me get this straight: you see the PO in the receiving plant - but I am guessing you do not see the PO requirement in the issuing plant in the product view? If you double-click on the order, you should see a source - and it the STR was converted correctly, then the source should be the issuing plant.

The STR/Preq is supposed to disappear, as it has now been converted.

Have you checked in the PO in ECC - you should be able to see the issuing plant in this as well? If this is not filled out, then replication to APO would a) delete your STR b) only create a receipt in the receiving plant, but no issue in the issuing plant.

BR

Søren

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

You're right. I don't see PO requerement in the issuing plant at the product view.

When I double-clik on PO in product view there is correct value for Source Location. I've also checked PO in R/3 and since it is standard PO (type NB) there is no field for Issuing Plant (this filed is requiered for Stock Transfer PO - UB type). Just to mentioned that we are using two different R/3 systems connected to APO and SCM 7.0.

Regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

Ok - I had not guessed that you have 2 ECC systems.

Since the PO you create will have a vendor instead of a delivering plant - you must have another document in the issuing plant in the other ECC system.

What you are missing then is a sales order in the issuing system - I would expect.

That must be necessary in the ECC system as well, to have a document to register the goods issue to?

So somehow, in your conversion process for your STRs, you need to make sure that you also get the issuing document - otherwise APO has no way of knowing that there should be a demand in the issuing plant.

An alternative solution would of course be NOT to replicate the PO back to APO - then the STR would be kept in APO - and the demand situation would be correct. But it would leave with the problem of no updates to APO - and you would then have to manage the deletion of the STRs, when they have been delivered.

BR

Søren

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Søren,

There is a progress in problem solving. It is planned to create SO via ALE IDOC when PO is created, but this is still in configuration phase. However, I've created SO manually in Issuing R/3 and activated integration model to get it into APO. It was successful and SO apeared there (should I also activate model for stock in the Issuing plant?).

Then I did Product Heuristic and Planned Order desepeared again. I've checked SO by double-click and Destination Location was set correctly. So, how to prevent Planned Order to be deleted or at least generate new one in Product view in APO when SO is tranfered? Is it up to strategy (for receiving plant strategy is 20 - PLANNING WITH FINAL ASSEMBLY and for Issuing plant there is no strategy defined in APO)?

Regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

Ok - good to hear, that there is progress - and the solution you intend to setup sounds like the standard process. So far so good.

Your problem now is in the issuing plant (and btw - I think you should transfer stock as well) - in the receiving you have the correct situation.

You see the requirement in the product view in the issuing plant - correct? and the availablity column is calculated correctly accordingly? One error could be if the sales orders has not been confirmed - the availablity column has to be correct for the heuristic to work?

Have you tried to run the product heuristic directly in the product view?

BR

Søren

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Søren,

Good news! I've finally got STO! Actualy, it is not by way I think it should be, but at least there is STO :).

So, I coulnd't get STO out of SO. Then I've got idea to create PO in APO (by setting conversion indicator). And it works! PO was created and STO apperared also.I created SO manually and put wrong PO number (by intention), SO was transfered to APO and at the same time STO and SO existed in APO. Then I've changed PO number in SO and when transfered to APO it causes STO to be deleted. So, it's a normal behaviour. Unfortunately, if Planned Order wasn't firmed or at least conv. ind wasn't set , after Product Heuristic run at Product view Planned Order would be deleted. Is it regular behaviour?

Additionally, when I 've just changed PO number in the header of SO, no change transfer sent to APO ( I should change also some other data in SO to be caught from integration model). Also, when I've changed availability check for SO (to include Planned Orders in scope, just for testing ) I could confirmed whole quantity in SO (not just available stock at that moment), but then this SO wasn't transfered to APO. Do you know why? I'm not sure what will be the moment when PO (and SO) will be created by business. What if they will be created when production of FG is already done? Then no SO will be transfered to APO and the planning situation will be totaly wrong. Am I right?

Btw,what is the way you're using to create PO (in APO or in R/3)? I'm wondering is it possible to have PO created in R/3 and at the same time to get STO in APO?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

I actually don't think you should need the STO - once you got at PO in one plant and the SO in the other - the demand situation should be correct.

The thing is that while you have an STR in APO, you only need this one document - but when you convert it, to a PO in R/3, the STR is deleted, and an SO should be created immediately in the other system and mirrored to APO. This way the demand situation would always be correct.

BTW I would create the PO in the ECC system - because you need to select your vendor - and not a plant. You do not want a STO to be created, but just a PO.

i hope it makes sense?

BR

Søren

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

You've right except in case when something goes wrong regarding SO creation (fe. some error occured in IDOC processing or IDOCs were received in an inbound queue). In that case the planning situation would be wrong.

Also,in the last post I mentioned situation when I could confirmed whole quantity in SO (availability check was set to check also Planned Orders) and this SO wasn't transfered to APO (I still have to find out if this is regular situation or some error happend).

Regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

Yes, with the IDOC flow, you are vulnerable to interface issues. There is a workflow though, that can help you monitor any IDOC errors - that might help a bit.

It sounds like an error that a fully confirmed sales order is not replicated to APO - replication should not be dependant on confirmed qty. Have you run the delta report for this order?

BR

Søren

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Søren,

Do you maybe know whati is the WF Object you mentioned in the last post?

Regarding isssue with SO it is solved (there was some general error in CIM models).

Regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

Good to hear, that you fixed your SO issue.

It's been a while since I worked with IDOCS - but I remember that the workflows are standard, and a part of the basic IDOC setup - if your basic system settings for workflow has been activated as well.

I can not recall the IDOC object - but you could search in TC SWO1.

BR

Søren

nenad_kalman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

Thanks a lot for your help and time! The initial issue about STO creation is solved and I will check another threads about IDOCs.

Best Regards,

Nenad

Edited by: Nenad Kalman on Jan 26, 2011 3:50 PM