Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Notification Profile - Period

former_member943491
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to send email alert notification to Notification Users(User/email id maintained in Notification profile) periodic.

We maintained Recipient type as Channel, Message channel, Message Profile and set periodic indicator and Start date as current date and Period as :30 (for 30 mins) and set profile as active.

After this notification settings for the selection has been defined for Alert type 7130 only.

When the 7130 alert is raised, through some other profile an immediate email notification is send and when I run /SCMB/ANOTPULL program, its again generating, all alerts created for that partiular invoice in a consolidated email.

I only wanted to display the alert for that Invoice which are valid for that period (Not all history).

For PO changes, how alert works, because even if i specify 7052, its not getting picked up by /SCMB/ANOTPULL program

Please give me some reference how this works.. Appreciate your reply... thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arj Sekar

In the Alert Notification Profile, there are fileds Minimum Age [hh:mm] and Maximum Age[hh:mm]

These fields restrict the selection of alerts........

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/0f/893a40243c174ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Please go thru the link Exception Mgmt--Alert MonitorAlert Notification--Alert Notification Profile ---Minimum Age and Maximum Age

The fields Period and start date are basically from when it should start processing and for how long it should access the database to read the alerts

Regarding 7052 alert, did you define alert notification profile for the same?

While running the pull report /SCMB/ANOTPULL, does the selection application and alert notification profile are same as wat you defined for alert 7052 and message profile???

When the 7130 alert is raised, through some other profile an immediate email notification is send!!1

Check whether any event management profile is active for the same??

Best Regards

Vinod

former_member943491
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Vinod,

Thanks for your reply and it solved the issues related to 7130 Alert. But I am still facing issue with PO Change 7952 Alert.

I changed the notification profile for 7052 to send immediate email and whenever I change quantlty in Backend ECC, the alert is getting generated and email notification is send succesfully. But the issue happens when I change the notification to periodic. I maintained Start Date, time, period and Max age, etc...

After changing the PO, When i run the report program /SCMB/ANOTPULL only with Application name as 'ALEN' its not sending the email alert.

Note: In our system, we have two Notification profile being created. Each being created by different user, one being set as Immediate and the other is set as above periodic setting.

I see one alert for immediate notification is created succesfully and when I run report program /SCMB/ANOTPULL program after the specified period, I am not getting the email alerts. If i set both profile to send notification immediate then I am able to see two alerts being generated immediately.

Does period notification is not supported for PO changes as its being generated in ECC.. Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Sekar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar

Good Morning and good to hear from you

As such there is no limitation report program /SCMB/ANOTPULL in pulling the 7052 alert record

Could please check the following

SPRO-SNC-EXCEPTIONS-ALERT TYPE ACTIVATION-ACTIVE ALERT TYPES

make sure you have history active for the alert type 7052

and go to se11, check the table /SCMB/ALERTH7052 for entries, i hope it has archived the alert 7052

Please let me know if you face any other issue

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I debugged the pull program /SCMB/ANOTPULL and find it calls /SCMB/DM_SEL_MD_EVALUATE Function module. This FM tries to find list of Products available for the location and found the product is not extended to the supplier plant. Subsequently code to read Alerts is not being executed. Might this could be the reason for Alerts are not sent out for periodic notification profile.

I checked the spro setting, I could see the an entry added for 7052 and the history is set to default(not as true)...

Thanks,

Sekar.