cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At my client scenario we are using non valuated project stock and the requirement is as follows

Components are assigned under the activities under several different WBS Elements.

The project specific PR - PO and MIGO process will follow as normal.

When we do GR, the purchase price as a cost to be posted on respective WBS element but stock (quantities) needs to be generated under one WBS element (Header WBS Element)

Request you to please suggest the method by which I can achieve this. I am facing big problem while mapping this. Your inputs will be very much valuable to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard SAP does not support grouping WBS with 'non-valuated stock'. Here you are exactly looking for the same.

If you want to use 'requirement grouping' then better switch to valuated stock as it gives lot of advantage from planning perspective also.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for your inputs

I tried this scenario also with valuated project stock. I carried out folowing steps -

1) Assigned MRP group 0002 for all produred components

2) Defined header WBS as grouping element (1 - grouping for all material in project)

3) Assigned child WBS element to header WBS Element (in T code GMR3)

4) Activtaed grouping (tick mark) in customizing for MRP group 0002

Then I added components under child WBS element and selected option PR + Res for WBS Element

I procured materials (PR - PO - MIGO)

After GR, when I checked stock in MMBE, it showed under child WBS element only and not under header WBS element. I expected stock should come under header WBS element.

Please let me know if I did something wrong.

Thanks in advance

Parimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The steps you have completed should give you correct results. When you are linknig component to the network activity. Please check in procurment parameter if 'Grouping WBS' is populated. IF you have marked one of WBS as grouping WBS and material also has material group for which you activated 'requirement grouping'. The 'grouping WBS' field need to be populated as soon as you are linking the component. This can give you hint what you are doing wrong.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for your valuable inputs

I reproduced steps and got correct results

Thanks a lot for assisting me to solve problem

marks are rewarded

Parimal

Answers (0)