cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting to Item Financial Planning by Fiscal Year Variant (PPM 5)

clay_hicks
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Community:

Has anyone converted Financial Planning on Items in PPM 5.0 SP 4 to be by Fiscal Variant? I've encountered some issues:

1) The standard conversion program /RPM/MIGRATION_CAL_TO_FISCAL looks for the Default FY Variant in the incorrect global setting - it looks in Area/Name 0010/0006, which is just the switch to turn on FY Variants, so it's an 'X', not the actual FY Variant, which is stored in 0010/0007

2) The conversion program looks on the portfolio detail record (/RPM/PORTFOLIO_D) to retrieve the FY Variant relevant for the portfolio, but that value is populated upon Portfolio creation, taking the value from the Portfolio Type configuration. There seems to be no way to get the FY Variant field in /RPM/PORTFOLIO_D populated on existing portfolios.

I do have an OSS message open regarding this, but it has not made it to development. Since this feature is new to SP4, perhaps not many people have used the conversion program, which in its current state, would seem to work only on Portfolios created after the default FY Variant was entered in the Portfolio Type.

Thanks all,

Clay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Clay,

Not sure if it is still relevant.

1) is a bug and you will have a note for this.

2) There is a utility report RPM_FISCAL_UTILITY available for this. You can update the existing portfolio with FY variant.

Regards,

Alok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Financial planning is the task of determining how a business will afford to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. Performing Financial Planning is critical to the success of any organization.

[financial planning|http://www.roygavra.com/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though we did not convert Finiancial planning in my company, but I just took a look of the program. It won't be very hard to change the program ( Z program clone of the standard) to make it work the way you want it to wokr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Please apply note 1549940.

2) Even though, you have a valid point here, I would say that it is not a very common business scenario where we switch the fiscal year variant framework ON or OFF. This kind of setting would be done at the setting up of the system.

This is the reason that even while creating a new portfolio, the fiscal year variant cannot be set.

The fiscal year variant is automatically picked from the portfolio type. This is set in the customizing:

Portfolio Management->Global Customizing->Portfolio-Dependent Settings->Define Portfolio Types.

In case you still want to assign some variant to the existing portfolios, you can write a ZReport to update the database table /rpm/portfolio_d or just rely on the default variant setting in IMG.

Regards,

Dolly