Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Inventory folder deleted

former_member237435
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing Oracle upgrade from 9.2.0.3 to 9.2.0.8.While upgrading oracle using ./runinstaller we are facing a error no file found for patch upgrade. We found from one of the logs says that not able to read the file comps.xml which is in folder /oracle/DEV/920_64/inventory/ContentsXML.We don't have backup to restore the folder.Can you please suggest how to proceed further.

Environment

SAP: 4.7X110

Oracle: 9.2.0.3

Regards,

V.Rajeshkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeshkumar,

you don't need to reinstall the oracle software (as long as your local inventory is not corrupted).

You can recreate the global oracle inventory with the help of runInstaller. Please check metalinknote #472854.1 for the details of the procedure.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen similar Oracle inventory issues (but probably for different reasons) -- 2 things to try:

1) Quick and dirty...do you have another Oracle Home that has a copy of this file? You might be able to copy it from there...

2) If that doesn't work (and this is what I've had to do in the past) you'll have to re-install the Oracle software (in a separate Oracle Home and bring over the files you need)...Make sure your new SID is the same as the SID that has the issue...

I'd love to hear if someone was able to find a clever way to fix inventory issues!

Hope this helps.