Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool but no print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Scenario:

I create n number of printouts using one spool with no_open and no_close. The print is fine, the spool is in SP01.

The problem:

We do not want it to print, just create the spool and do nothing more, the user can then choose if the spool should be printed or not to a printer of their choice.

The TDIMMED is set to space, and I have tried to set the TDDEST to NULL but then the users default is picked up and the print comes flying out of the printer anyway.

We do have a current SAPScript solution which does precisely that but I cannot figure out the difference between my new print program and the old SAPScript program (the ITCPO for the script and the control_param for the smartform looks like they match).

So basically, what to do to stop a smartform spool from printing, and just sit without a status in the SP01 list?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the smartforms function module this is controlled by the parameter 'OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDIMMED'. This parameter must not be filled when your application program calls the smartform fuunction module.

Also the parameter USER_SETTINGS must be set to ' ' .(default is 'X', so the parameter must be set)

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan

thanks for the reply.

the tdimmed is set to space, and the user_setting I do not use in the call so it is X as you say as default.

It seems the tdimmed does not make any difference, it behaves the same with or without the 'X'.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you remove the user_setting = 'X' and set tdimmed = ' ' in the debugger, do you say that it makes no difference? if user_setting = 'X', then the other settings have no effect, the default user settings are used.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spot on,

I must be really tired, but you are right. For the current SAPScript solution the printparameter for the user is overrided with th itcpo-tdimmed = space statement, but the smartform had the user setting to 'X' and therefore the "SU3" user setting overrides the output_parameter-tdimmed = space setting.

To put it easy: You are right, I was lost and friday afternoon confused 😃

Answers (0)