cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Application calling otuside portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to call a WD Application from outside portal? For suppose, a company wants provides some sales reports for their customers in their company's website. so that customers will log-in and will check their sales reports and so on..?

What I knew is WD Application can accessable through portal only. Please correct me if i were wrong. Thank you.

Regards,

Meera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can call the application from outside. Mostly they do not expose the URL with port instead they create a proxy for that. or Short URL's like that .Network experts knows all about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WebDynpro applications are individual application. If your network allows then this can also be exposed as unauthenticated site. So without any login your partners can be able to see your sales data. But it is recommended not to use Dynpro as public page as it is directly connected to your enterprise box.

Bye,

Ravish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is like www.yahoo.com accessing. Not with in the company's network. Can accessable with in any network. Company gives user id and initial password to their customers to view and check their sales details.

Is it possible to do this ?

Is it right way of providing sales information to customers ?

Regards,

Meera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is possible to access but i think it is not a right way to provide service to your customer But that is my opinion

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Jan 14, 2011 1:35 PM

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it is very much possible.

Use the url for the application and the user can access it.

thanks

sarbjeet