cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debuggin BADI for released Shopping Carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are in support , we are using the N-Step BADI for Shopping Cart approval Process.It use to be working fine for the past 6 months.But recently issues started with the approvals.

Currently we are facing 2 major issues which i couldn't figure out where exactly the issue is.

1.Some shopping carts are going to sourcing cokpit with out buyer approval.

Like if a SC needs 3sop approvals and 1 buyer approval.The sc is going to the 3 sop approvals only and directly placing into sourcing cockpit without buyer approval.I compared the one with buyer approval the only difference is after sop approval in the determine next approver task the value of 'Actual Agent' is not set.

In test environment i created SC with same scenario and debugged the n-step BADI at each level of approval every thing works fine.

2.For some shopping carts in approvals are done but in preview it just showing one step approved without the approval names

when i check the container in workflow log the

Can any one please let me know how i can resolve the issue.And also is it possible to debug a BADI for the released shopping carts.If possibl please let me know the steps.

Thanks

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.Some shopping carts are going to sourcing cokpit with out buyer approval.

Like if a SC needs 3sop approvals and 1 buyer approval.The sc is going to the 3 sop approvals only and directly placing into sourcing cockpit without buyer approval.I compared the one with buyer approval the only difference is after sop approval in the determine next approver task the value of 'Actual Agent' is not set.

In test environment i created SC with same scenario and debugged the n-step BADI at each level of approval every thing works fine.

Check the actual approval index in the workflow log , do you see the buyer in the workflow container?

2.For some shopping carts in approvals are done but in preview it just showing one step approved without the approval names

when i check the container in workflow log the

Can any one please let me know how i can resolve the issue.And also is it possible to debug a BADI for the released shopping carts.If possibl please let me know the steps.

what your system sp level? i think your in SRM 5.0, check any oss note..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks a lot for the response.

1.I have checked the container values

In the 'Approver List' of the container element in the agent field we can see the 4 agents and the 4th agent is the buyer.

But at the actual agent value it has changed to the 3rd approver name only and the value of type field is 'C'.

ex: Approver List fields are as follows

approval index ActualAgent Agent Type

4 Apr3 Buyer C

This is the values for the buyer agent in the actual agent has placed as approver3 name and they type is 'C' means change.

But i couldn't figure out why it has changed.

2.We are using SRM 5.00 Release 550 and support pack level 13.

Regards

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how to debug the BADi for th released shopping carts.

I couldn't figure out where exactly the issue is and this is happening mostly with the substitutions.

Means if one of the approver has a substitute then next approver is changing to a new approver.

Regards

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the third level approver has substitute assigned in it,which cause this issue. Since this issue happen only in your production system, try to replicate the same in Quality system and check.. Some where system is getting confused.

Regards,

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Very sorry for my late response.We kept aside this issue as we are working on EHP4 upgrade on priority.

I have replicated the shopping cart in quality and debugged the BADI at each level of approver multiple times and it din't happen again.

And even in production also it has happened twice on different dates.And i have verifeid the substitutions also but the buyer din't have any substitutes.

As i mentioned earlier In the container elements the Approver List value for the buyyer shows type as 'C' which means chaged.

As per my knowledge the type will become 'C' when the workitem will forward from one user to another.And even in the log we can see who has forwarded to whom.But in this situation it dint display any details about the change except in the approver list. This looks strange but it has happened.Is there any Tcodes to check the logs how the type has changed to 'C' .

Thanks&Regrads,

Keerthi