cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Syndication selection option restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the MDM Syndicator is it possible to only syndicate certain details of the header record for a header and detail hierarchy structure?

For our Scenario, GL Account has the hierarchy as a Single Chart of Accounts assigned to multiple Company Code records.

· GL Account Master Record

· Chart of Account Details (SKA1 - Header)

o Company Code Details (SKB1 - Detail)

In the repository we have SKA1 as the Main table and SKB1 as a sub table within SKA1. While the content is imported it comes in as 1 Record with multiple Company code level details. Is there anyway to restrict the selection for syndication for a given SKA1 - Header and get only the selected SKB1 - Details syndicated?

For example if for Chart of Account has 5 company codes A, B, C, D and E. Can we restrict the syndication of the of the record with selected company code details only (Example B and D - without the details for A, B, C being syndicated).

I appreciate the time.

Thanks,

-Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the map, you can include "Search criteria" by selecting the required values in the Search tab on left side. This way you can restrict the records that are syndicated.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I am using MDM for the Chart of Accounts and I will be facing the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manolis,

Yes we upgraded to MDM 5.5 SP4 and there is filtering based on the qualifier fields also available in this version. So, was able to achieve what was needed.

Give me your email address and I can send more info or the screen shots.

-Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response Raj. My email address is Emmanuel_G_Anagnostou@whirlpool.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I am new to MDM working on syndication. Is there a way to include a previously created search along with Map name in mdss.ini while scheduling it. We are trying to execute conditionally syndication batch.

We want to create our conditions as searches and use them.

When we create a map through client including search do this map includes search also. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Bala Pochareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for trying Rajani and Vinay.

I heard back from SAP that this kind of filtering is not available in the syndicator in SP3 but will be available in SP4.

Thanks again for your time,

-Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried to restrict the records and syndicate them but was not successful doing that atleast the way you want.

Please mark helpful answers

Regards

Vinay

Message was edited by: vinay swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My email ID is yrkanth@hotmail.com for you to send the SP4 documentation.

Thanks and Regards,

-Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Here I do have some suggestions regarding your request, correct me if i am wrong, basically you are looking to syndicate the records by applying the filter row wise or column wise.

<u><b>Row wise :</b></u> Required all the field but search criteria as one or two fields ( for example filtering based on COA and Company code).

<u><b>Column wise :</b></u> Required only few fields to be syndicate, either row wise filter applied or not.

Hope I understood your question.

<u><b>Solution:</b></u>

<u><b>Row wise :</b></u> Use search parameter tab, search for particular COA and Company code and save the search for future purpose [from MENu SEARCH->SAVE SEARCH].

<u><b>Column wise :</b></u> Create Destination items for the fields which u want to syndicate and try to map those fields wt Original source items and try to syndicate the same.

Hope I have covered the point what you expected.

thanks

Alexander

P.S. Kindly reward the points, i found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani Kumar,

Thanks for the reply. The search option only restricts the records at one level. But in our case since the header is just one record and it has 5 details to it, even if you restrict by any one of the 5 details it still syndicates the whole record.

For example even if request only B and D details it is syndicating the whole COA with all the details. But I need the COA with B and D details only and not the entire COA with all the details.

I am trying to give as clear picture as possible, sorry if I am not conveying it right. Or else to put it in simple SAP words when we need to ALE GL Account the transfer program has an option to select the GL account for a particular Chart Of Account and selected Company code details only, in which case an IDOC is created only for the COA and selected company codes. I want to mimic the same in syndication using MDM.

Thanks,

-Raj.