cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I book time in hours and yet bill (RRB) in days?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I seem to have a couple of issues here as I assumed this would be quite straightforward:

There is already a relationship in the system between days & Hours, i.e. 1day = 24 hours so I can't set an alternative UOM in my material master as it wont let me break this relationship.

So I can create a new UOM - 'Billing Day' but in MM02 it wont let me use decimial places, so for instance I can't set 1 Billing Day = 7.5 hours ...... can anyone suggest how that can be doen ... user exit?

Also for some customers a billing day is 7 hours whilst for others it is 7.5 hours, and fo others again, it is 8 hours .... how is this dealt with.

Lastly on the Debit Memo Request coming out of DP91 it shows hours by default (and it's greyed out) ... how can I get it to show the alternative (billling days) by default?

Any help much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

For the unit conversion try putting in 10 billing days = 75 hours.

If you have different customer with different definitions of billing days, you could either use different material masters. (You need to adjust your DI profile material determination.) You could also try entering the different conversion factors in the price conditions.

If you wan to use the Billing days as a default, try specifying this as the sales unit on the material.

You should consult the PDF attached to OSS note 301117 for more details. It is possible that you will need to introduce some program code in one of the user exits. There is an example in the PDF on handling some special requirements for unit conversions.

Best regards,

J. ALbert