Did you mean: 

Questin about D010TAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have received recommendation from sap support:

Tables With Special Locking Setting

D010TAB - Page locking disallowed

As shown above, row or page locking is disallowed for some tables.

Recommendation: Check whether this setting is intended for your system. If you cannot find a reason to use this setting, allow all locking levels for the tables listed.

can anybody tell where and when is this table used? i want to find a way to check if we have problems after we change page locking on that table. (because at forums all recommendations say to turn this parameter off)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the D010TAB is part of the SAP Data Dictionary and stores information about the structures of the SAP tables. It is mostly used, when new tables are created or the runtime of existing tables is created.

Normally all tables have "page lock disallowed" to false, so when it is set to true in your system, somebody had a good reason to set it. As long as you do not have any blocking situation on D010TAB, I would not change it.

Best regards

Clas

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your answer Clas,

but i mean they recommend to ALLOW page locking (_allow all locking levels for the tables listed_). now i have disallowed it.

you say "somebody had a good reason to set it.", what is reasons to allow or disallow page locking on this table?

the only reason i found at internet is performance.

also you say "As long as you do not have any blocking situation on D010TAB, I would not change it.", but we do not have any blocking situation because we have DISallowed page locking on this table. is not it true?

and one more question: are the business transactions use this table? and how often this table is used?

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

allowing page locks on a table will speed up changes to a bigger range of entries, as only a page lock is held other than many row locks. But page locks can lead to blockings on the table, as they decrease the concurrency.

I assume that you had blocking on the table and somebody disallowed page locks to prevent this.

I doubt that any business transaction will use this table, one the system uses it for table information. In an productive system it is hardly changed, only when you apply service or support packs.

I would leave the page locking as it is at the moment.

Regards

Clas

Former Member
0 Kudos

any idea, any suggestion?