cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting webdynpro from business workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to know how a webdynpro( ABAP ) can be started from a normal SAP program , along with some parameters.

These parameters have to be passed to Webdypro , so that it can be process its own logic.

Regards,

satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to open a new thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case there are two requirements:

1. Executing WebDynpro Page from ABAP. Please check the code of NWBC. You 'll find the class and code to do that.

2. Passing some values as parameter to the page:

To do this you need to implement the method called Defauld Handler at the Window of your application. The importing parameters on this method are exposed as url parameter. So during creation of the URL you have to concatinate &<importing Variable name> = <Value>.

Rest of the thing you have to process inside the application to play with the value.

Bye,

Ravish

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You can achieve so by creating a transaction of the web dynpro application and then calling that transaction in the program using

call transaction statement in the code.

steps to be followed are as follow.

1. go to SE93.

2. Enter a transaction code and press create.

3. choose the radio button for parameter transaction.

4.press enter then give WDYID as the transaction .

5. check the box sip intital screen.

6. in the end add parameter application and name of the application

for passing the parameters create the web dynpro application with configuration and add the parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID with calue equal to configuration id .

7. save it

8 go to your abap program there write the following code.

data str(10) type c.
str = 'ZTESTGD'.   " name if the transaction

CALL TRANSACTION STR.

this will do

thanks

sarbjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nagasatyaprasad ,

you can call from ur your ABAP prog by which you can call any WDA prog.

hope this will help you:-

[t-431355]

[Embed a WDA Application into an ABAP Program|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2978%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-order%3Ddate] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Also check with the two class a) CL_GUI_WEBDYNPRO_VIEWER and b) CL_GUI_WDR_VIEWER

, if you can pass any parameter.

If you are able to pass any parameter while calling the url the from your web dynpro component you an get it easily.

The above method mentioned by Sarbjeet is also very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Monishankar C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sarbeejit,

Could you please explain following points.

4.press enter then give WDYID as the transaction . ->Could you please explain me WDYID , what is that

6. in the end add parameter application and name of the application

for passing the parameters create the web dynpro application with configuration and add the parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID with calue equal to configuration id . -> Could you please explain me this point as well.

Regards,

satya

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you open the se93 and creating the transaction with the options as specified.

in the screen you will have the option to enter transaction code.

WDYID

[image|http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2369/se931.jpg]

also scroll down you will see place to enter parameters value

[image 2|http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7440/se932.jpg]

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sarbeejit,

Thanks . It helped me .

I have created Configuration ID ( ZTEST1 ) and used in parameters tab of webdynpro application with WDCONFIGURATIONID.

Could you please tell me how to send a variable value to webdynpro application using configuration id.

Regards,

satya