cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we move zip files from one folder 2 another using pi!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have successfuly passed pdf files from one folder to another using pi, can we do the same with zip files .

please suggest .

Regards,

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

The way you have passed the PDF file same way I think so you can go ahead with the ZIP files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no , i tried that, i monitered the communication channel , but it did not work. I saw it was polling, and it did show " processing finished successfully " , but it didnt create any message id , that I could check. same i checked in receiver cc, nothing was visible there!!

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

After your post I tried a zip file in our scenario it is processed successfully. And output file is also created successfully.

Check whether in the Sender file adapter is configured properly with proper naming conventions for input file.means input file name ex: test.zip

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab

same scenario should work for zip files also.

check the william li's blog as below

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards

Abhijit

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> no , i tried that, i monitered the communication channel , but it did not work. I saw it was polling, and it did show " processing finished successfully " , but it didnt create any message id , that I could check. same i checked in receiver cc, nothing was visible there!!

This behaviour is not caused by the fact, that the files are zipped. You can transfer any binary. For PI it is just a bunch of bytes.

Check what is wrong in your configuration and fix it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> I have successfuly passed pdf files from one folder to another using pi, can we do the same with zip files .

Yes. same procedure. Nothing difference. check the following..

File type or extension, naming convention, folder name and check the file read, write, execute access properties. I'm thinking your file has some access priviledge problem. If you are running in UNIX , set 777 permission for the input file or talk to basis.

We are doing and no issues.

You dont need ESR or IR objects. Just configuration is good enough for this. If you need further assistance, let us know.