cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Web Dypro Text area to SAP Script text object(Tline table)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to pass the text area to sap script object. I tried using string but still I am not getting the result. There is lot of formatting issue’s. User wants to cut and paste the text also in the text area.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Additionally, there is a class CL_WD_TEXT_FORMATTER (recalling from mind, could be CL_WD_TEXT_FORMATTING as well), which allows you to convert from SAPScript to XHTML format that is needed for the FormattedTextView. As far as I can tell it only features SAPScript->XHTML and not the other direction, but perhaps it turns out helpful to you.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there are formatting issues, you can use FormattedTextView instead of TextView, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3b/219141c1d0ae5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm, at least in Web Dynpro ABAP.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh

If I understand correctly you want to pass a text edit text entered by user to the backend sap script object.

Suggest you introduce a parameter in your BAPI of 1000 characters for this. Map it to the text edit on your view.

In your BAPI separate this string into lines of 72 chars each and append to the sap script object table parameter.

Please do assign points if you find this information useful.

Do give more details so that we can help you quickly.