Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Quotation Source

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating many quotations for different simulations of the same operative project using DP81 transaction.

I would like to know if there is any way of knowing from which project simulation has been a specific quotation created, it's possible?

Thanks

Edited by: mforman on Jan 14, 2011 10:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

So far I know, simulations of a Project don't affect the real time data.

How are you managing to enter the "Simulated" Project / WBS in DP81 ??

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In TCode DP81 there is a Simulation Version Field, the problem appears if the inquiry has more than one item with different projects assigned as the simulation pertains a just one of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how are you assigning simulation project to inquiry??

Regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't need to, I just assign the WBSE.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using CN41

Change DB profile to include version

Run the report for your version

In the display allow for sales document object type

Can you see the quotation number?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried but there isn't sales document object type field available neither the quotation number.

I've also checked on CN41N.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the Sales Document check box in the DB profile? Please check it in addition to what Virendra has said.

Regards,

Gokul

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gokul Pillai,

I hadn't checked it, now that I have, I'm able to see all the documents but only for the Operative Projects, not for the Simulations...

I think we are going to change the way we are working, we are going to create the quotations always using an operative project. If we need to modify the project in order to create a new quotation we'll make a simulation version (which we won't modify) and we'll work in the operative project.

If we ever want to retrieve and old quotation we'll be capable of retrieve the simulation (we'll just an open text field to write down the simulation version of the quotation) and transfer it into an operative project again.

Thanks

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the DB profile also tick version data and then check

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Already ticked.