How to use linked filters in webi reports.
I want to know how can i use related or linked filters in webi reports.
that means if i am using three diff filters as f1 for Zone f2 for location and f3 for sales office
then if have selected a zone from the zone filter (for ex west) then the location filter should show only the locations which comes under that zone and the third filter should show only those sales offices which comes under the selected location from the filter..
1. In Universe Take Storename, city, State, region, Country objects
2. Double click on Storename, go to properties tab and click on edit button. Query panel will open.
3. Double click on city and click on sort button, double click on state and sort it, double click on region and sort it, double click on Country and sort it.
4. If you want to keep any condition like particular country, you can drag country object in to the Conditions pane. If not leave it empty.
5.Click on Save and close button. Save the universe and export it.
6. In webI drag and drop the Storename object and click on 'Add Quick Filter' button. Now all the columns you included in the list of values appear in the Add Quick Filter dialog box.
Now You can select the values from here and run the query. you will get the result.
One more way is there using cascading LOVs
1. Go to Tools menu > List of values > Create Cascading list of values.
2. Double click on Country, Region, State, City and Storename. Close it.
3. Save and export the universe.
4. In webi drag and drop the objects in result objects pane, apply query filter and run the query.
Now you will get the result.