cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use linked filters in webi reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii.. all

I want to know how can i use related or linked filters in webi reports.

that means if i am using three diff filters as f1 for Zone f2 for location and f3 for sales office

then if have selected a zone from the zone filter (for ex west) then the location filter should show only the locations which comes under that zone and the third filter should show only those sales offices which comes under the selected location from the filter..

Plz help..

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

hi Neeraj,

1. In Universe Take Storename, city, State, region, Country objects

2. Double click on Storename, go to properties tab and click on edit button. Query panel will open.

3. Double click on city and click on sort button, double click on state and sort it, double click on region and sort it, double click on Country and sort it.

4. If you want to keep any condition like particular country, you can drag country object in to the Conditions pane. If not leave it empty.

5.Click on Save and close button. Save the universe and export it.

6. In webI drag and drop the Storename object and click on 'Add Quick Filter' button. Now all the columns you included in the list of values appear in the Add Quick Filter dialog box.

Now You can select the values from here and run the query. you will get the result.

One more way is there using cascading LOVs

1. Go to Tools menu > List of values > Create Cascading list of values.

2. Double click on Country, Region, State, City and Storename. Close it.

3. Save and export the universe.

4. In webi drag and drop the objects in result objects pane, apply query filter and run the query.

Now you will get the result.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be help for you.

In universe designer level creating cascading list of values(menu bar ->tools-> cascade list of values), then creating cascade list of values to f1 and f2. then export it and you get accurate result in webi. when u use that business field in result query.

note: we don't create cascade lov's for measure object and summarry tables.

and one more solution;

in webi report drag the object in to result query and by using report filter on the head of report you get exact expected records.

Thank you,

Praveen otsi-hyd

Edited by: praveen From OTSI-Hyd on Jan 17, 2011 10:30 AM

Edited by: praveen From OTSI-Hyd on Jan 17, 2011 10:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your replies..

can you please tell me some links for getting documents related to my solution..

anyways thankyou very much.. have assigned point 2 u both..

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a filter object in the universe with cascaded prompts. Then you can use the filter object in webi.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help and quick reply.

but i wanted to know can i use that cascaded filters in webi reports,using the yellow funnel icon which is used to put simple filters in the report.

Edited by: Neeraj00 on Jan 14, 2011 9:08 AM

without making any changes in the universe

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about report level filters? In that case you can try drill filters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okk.

can you plese tell me how to create filter object in the universe to use that as cascaded prompts..

thanks..

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a cascaded LOV as Zone>Location>Sales Office.

Then use Sales Office object only as prompt in the query filter of webi.