Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Conversion at RR / UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Batch Level UOM Conversions.

And want to trigger the Converted Base UOM qty at UD - Qty Proposal.

But not possible to achieve it.

Ex.: Material A- Order UOM - Kg -

Base UOM - Lt -

Maintained Product Unit and Batch Level UOM Conversion is Active

Characteristic is maintained for the UOM Conversioon Factor and same is used as MIC for RR

PO - 10000 Kg

MIGO - 10000 Kg - Qty in Entry Unit

10 Lt - Qty in SKU

At Batch Clssification, no Conversion Factor is mentioned, so conversion is according to the Planned Conversion Factor i.e. 1000

Inspec tion Lot is generated by system

At RR - MIC Value is maintained as 995 (Which is actual Conversion Factor)

UD - Accepted, but Proposed Qty for Posting is still 10 Lt and not according to the conversion with new factor.

Please help me out

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is LT? I can't find it as a standard unit in SAP and a google search didn't find anything that looked like a uom. I can only guess you are using this as a liter?

Further more, I don't believe there is functionality in SAP that adjusts the inspection quantity or posting quantity based on the conversion factor you are talking about. Typically the conversion factor is used to calculate things like total solids in a slurry since payment is based on solids not the weight or volume. And while overall weight should be the same, the volume is temperature dependent and every batch, since it is a slurry, will have a different solids content. Hence when the lab calculates the grams of solids per liter, this is converted to total kgs of solids for the batch which is what the payment is based on. This conversion factor for the batch can then be used by production to determine what volume of the batch to add to a process in order to achieve the proper amount of solids.

This is also used in pharma for active ingredient calculations.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks for your response..

Yeah thats right.. Lt is Liters

In my case the Payments are not linked with the conversions, but the Actual Qty depends upon.

For ex. Lets say Density of the Fluid at specific Ambient Temp. varies according to the batches. And since Weight (Order UOM) and Volume (Base UOM) both are the functions of Density, the Batch wise Density has implications to Volume also.

One more point to note here is, we can not change the Weight since its a Order Unit and the Delivery Unit too, so alimost its Fixed. So direct implications of the Density are linked to the Volume.

Its a practical scenario.

Also when going through the SAP Library I found following excerpts.

"If the actual conversion factor of the batch is not known at the time of goods receipt, the goods receipt is carried out according to the planned conversion factor. If the actual conversion factor is taken from the usage decision in QM, the purchase order can be subsequently debited."

So i believe standard SAP functionality must support these kind of conversions.

Only thing I am not sure about the configurations, though I am trying.

Will be really helpfull if I could get any expertise & thoughts from you too.

Thanks a lot

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to do subsequent quantity adjustment after UD, by T code MWBQ.In UD screen posting will be done on GR quantity only, after UD only subsequent adjust to be done by MWBQ.

Regards,

Neeraj Bhadauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this posting. Scenario is exactly what you are looking for

AKM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Use BADI QEVA_ALT_QTY_INPUT Method PROCESS_QUANTITY

method IF_EX_QEVA_ALT_QTY_INPUT~PROCESS_QUANTITY .

CALL FUNCTION 'QEVA_ENTER_QUANT_IN_ALT_UNIT'

EXPORTING

I_QALS = i_qals

I_RQEVA = i_rqeva

I_QTY_NO = i_qty_no

IMPORTING

E_VMENGE = e_vmenge

endmethod.

Implement method MODIFY_SCREEN with the following source code:

method IF_EX_QEVA_ALT_QTY_INPUT~MODIFY_SCREEN .

CALL FUNCTION 'QEVA_ALT_QTY_MODIFY_SCREEN'

EXPORTING

I_MATNR = i_qals-matnr

IMPORTING

E_UNITS_EXIST = e_value_help

endmethod.

Activate the methods and the interface.

Activate the implementation.

I hope it will work for you.

--

Regards,

R. Brahmankar