cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Planned Order in APO PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question on PP/DS ( IS-Auto ). Suppose if we are deleting the planned orders in APO so what will happen to the concerned PDS. I want to preserve the PDS so that we can use them later.

If we delete the Planned Orders then will the PDS be also deleted ?

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI prabhat,

If you delete a PPDS planned order in APO it doesnot affect the PDS data.

PDS remains as it is.

Hope this helped you

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vaibhav,

so after deleting the planned order can we use the concerned PDS at a later stage for getting the planned order again?

Does it apply to IS-Auto also ?

What happens to PDS if we change/modify the planned order ?

Is planned order a transactional data?

Thanks,

Prabhat

Edited by: Prabhat Sahay on Jan 14, 2011 2:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat,

Think of a PDS the same way you would think of a Production Version in ECC. It is master data, and one or more of these can be assigned to a Material/Plant combination.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/4d/01be3d1abbe913e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

A Planned order is Transactional data. Creating/changing/deleting a Planned order has no impact on PDS Master data. During the creation of a planned order, the system reads the PDS info, and copies selected bits of this master data into the Planned order. At this point, then, certain parts of the planned order data can be changed. Such changes generally do not affect the underlying master data.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/49/d565caf54535f5e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Prabhat,

Deleting a Planned Order will not delete the associated PDS. As Dogboy has highlighted, Planned Order is transaction data whereas PDS is Master data which is used as a source of supply for receipts.

If you create a receipt either manually or through heuristics at a later date, the same PDS will be picked up as a source of supply.

Hope this helps!

~Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49 for your help.

I have another query on reservation of planned order -

Please help me on that issue also.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Answers (0)