cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEGRATION B/W SAP ECC--->SAP PI---->WEBMETHODS----->THIRDPARTY SYSTEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frds,

I have small doubt regarding soap adapter. i think it is a basic question please excuse me for asking this question. BCOZ I am new to the soap adapter

my question is we using soap adapter in the SAP PI when integrted with WEBMETHODS .How the msg will reach the WEBMETHODS? is it XML or else? and is it needed to create sender communication channel in WEBMETHODS(because we already provide the communication from SAP PI to WEB METHODS using SOAP adapter)?if yes please tell me the name of the adapter

THANKS in advance

venkat

Edited by: venkat1201 on Jan 14, 2011 5:22 AM

Edited by: venkat1201 on Jan 14, 2011 5:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wedecide to use soap adapter for this. thanks guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is already an adapter provided by webmethods for SAP PI if needed you can look into that...

coming to the query raised by you...

you need to get the WSDL from the webmethods and need to import the same in SAP PI...(data format will be in XML only..)

for this you need to create the SOAP receiver adapter ...once you import the WSDL in PI it will generate the message types expected by the webmethods...then based on your requirement you need to use sender adapter(either idoc/rfc/proxy..)

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

thanks for spending your valuble time.

1. already exist adapter for pi in webmethods means webmethod xi adapter or something else?

2. are u sure we are used idoc/rfc in WEBMETHODS sender side?(i am not asking SAPECC--->SAPPI)

i am asking like this SAPPI->(SOAP ADAPTER)

>[<
(?ADAPTER)
---->]WEBMETHODS

my question is we must provide the new adapter as a sender cc of WEBMETHODS OR SOAP adapter directly post the msg to integration server pipeline of WEBMETHODS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. already exist adapter for pi in webmethods means webmethod xi adapter or something else?

Yes

2. are u sure we are used idoc/rfc in WEBMETHODS sender side?(i am not asking SAPECC--->SAPPI)

i am asking like this SAPPI->(SOAP ADAPTER)

>[<

(?ADAPTER)
---->]WEBMETHODS

my question is we must provide the new adapter as a sender cc of WEBMETHODS OR SOAP adapter directly post the msg to integration server pipeline of WEBMETHODS?

By using SOAP receiver adapter request will go to webmethods server no need of using any other adapters again for the same..

you can check the SOAP address in WSDL which will point to the WebMethods server

HTH

Rajesh