Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection from one PI 7.0 system to 2 SAP R/3 systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Experts,

There is a requirement as below:

I am using PI 7.0 system. This system has to be connected to 2 R/3 systems paralelly. That means, one XI system should be connected to 2 R/3 systems. Request you to suggest the best possible ways to do make this happen.

Please note that , PI system will have to connect to one 4.6C system(R/3) and one SAP ECC 6.0(R/3) system.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes,you can integrate multiple sap systems with PI.

1) Create a automatic Technical system for 4.6C system(R/3) using RZ70 in 4.6c...then create a business system for this.

2) Create a automatic tecnical system in sld for SAP ECC 6.0(R/3) system using rz70 in ecc and create a business system for this.

3) Also create TS & BS if any non sap applications are involved.

use this Business systems as per the interface requirements for sender & receiver

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know what all activities are involved in making this setup i.e., establishing a connection between PI system and two R3 systems.

Please provide me with an article or documentation for this which explains the process.

If you can explain, it would be great.

Regards,

Subbu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending upon the type of communication required (IDOC, RFC, Proxy) you need to search on SDN for the required configuration. This has been discussed several times on SDN and therefore a search should be enough.

Regards,

Prateek

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Create the RFC connections in sm59 4.6c to pi and pi to 4.6c

2) Create the RFC connections in sm59 ecc 6.0 to PI and Pi to ecc 6

3) create the technical systems & business systems in sld for both sap systems as explained above.

4) create port, partner profile in sender sap system if using idocs for communication

5) create the pi port in idx1 in PI for 4.6c & ecc6

6) import the idoc metadata for both sap systems in idx2 in Pi

there are many good documents available in sdn.

Regards

Abhijit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI can be connected to any no of R/3 systems..

In your project we have established connections to ECC ,BW,SRM,...Systems..

No issues in this..

if you have any specific query on this ..please post the same

HTH

Rajesh