cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of possible table and field types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts,

My task is to write an xml parser for the repository metadata exported from MDMv7.1 and I cannot find the full list of possible values for the types of tables and fields which I can expect in exported xml document. I don't have direct access to the MDM server to play with different combinations. Could someone suggest me any resource to study?

the following is an compressed xml snippet from my customization:

<Repository mdmVersion="7.1.02.59" description="SAP MDM 71500 Test Repository V.10.06.04.1" familyField="" portSequence="">
   <Language name="English [US]" language="eng" country="US" inheritance="###" attr="eng_US"/>
   <Table code="MDM_MATERIALS" description="SAP Materials" type="MainTable" displayOrder="MDM_MATERIAL_NUMBER; MDM_DESCRIPTION" primaryDisplayField="MDM_ID" uniqueFields="" keyMappable="Yes">
      <Name eng_US="Materials"/>
      <Field code="MDM_ID" description="MDM record ID" type="AutoIDField" required="No" writeOnce="No" matrix="Ordinary" sortIndex="Normal">
         <Name eng_US="ID"/>
      </Field>

for example I've collected the following table types, but I'm afraid this list is far from complete:

-FlatTable

-HierAttrTable

-MaskTable

-NamedSearchesTable

-MainTable

-HierTable

-TupleDefinition

-QualFlatTable

-ImageTable

-TextTable

-CopyBlockTable

-HTMLTextTable

-PDFDocumentTable

-WorkflowTable

-SoundTable

-VideoTable

-ExtBlobTable

I'll appreciate any help,

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What i could see from snapshot is that this is the Main table and the person or team who have designed the data model they have used all the normal table and filed types in the repository but they have used different naming convention for this and in order to continue with your work you need to get the repository structure from them.

you can still use console refernce guide but to continue with your work you will have to get in touch with the data modelling team only.

Thanks and Regards

Praful

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Try the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/index.htm from the tree menu (left hand side) follow the path

Functional components ->MDM Console -> MDM Table Types (Page 63)

Functional components ->MDM Console -> MDM DataTypes (Page 96)

This document gives you detailed descriptions of the Tables and Data Types used in MDM

If you have any queries let us know.

Regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Sowseel,

Thank you very much for your reply but unfortunately the reference guide you pointed me out describes just "logical" structure. I mean it really contains all (at least I hope so) the necessary types but I cannot use it directly because naming which is used in the exported xml is quite different than in mentioned reference guide, more over as far as I noticed in xml they even some times break one type described in documentation into several more precise types (e.g. field type "Lookup [Hierarchy]" from the guide could be specified as HierAttrSubTableField, HierMultiSubTableField or HierSubTableField in xml). So unfortunately in my case I cannot rely on that information source.

Does somebody have any idea?

Thank you!