cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Automatically convert Inquiry to Quote or Sales Order

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a requirement to automatically convert Inquiry to quotation or sales order. We have already defined

copy control between these transaction types but is there a way we dont have to manually convert

an inquiry to quote/sales order.

Thanks & Regards,

Sushant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you considered adding an output to the inquiry with a special function (8) which will be the trigger to automatically create the quotation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inquiries, quotations and sales orders have different legal meanings. There must be some business event (not system event) that defines when you need to convert from one to another.

If you automate the conversion, how will the automation know which inquiries to convert?

0 Kudos

We need it for all the inquiries posted in the system. Inquiries are getting created by an event(external) and as soon as

the Inquiry gets created we want to create a quote out of it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jodi's suggestion is good. The special function output works well. However, bottom line is that you need to write a program.

Why not simply have the interface create quotations - instead of inquiries? The inquiries are not very meaningful if they alwasy get converted to quotations.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. But i am new in this area. Can you please tell me in detail how to do it with output control

and what sort of program i will have to write. Any references for program,

Thanks & Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This would NOT be possible with standard out of box.

We have to do custom development. You can call a BAPI based on a tiger while saving inquiry and quotation document.

thx

Dilip Sadh