cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Lookup Fails

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have an integration scenario that features an RFC lookup. This integration scenario works great in our development environment, but fails at runtime in our QA environment. The mapping program executes correctly in the Integration Builder debugging tools - but not at runtime.

The parameter mappings are correct in both the DEV & QA environments.

I've refreshed the cache in both SXI_CACHE and performed a CPA Cache Refresh

SXMB_MONI reports the following error

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">RUNTIME_EXCEPTION</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>Thrown: java.lang.NullPointerException: at com.s</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>ap.guid.GUID.parseHexGUID(GUID.java:1015) at com.</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>sap.guid.GUIDGenerator.parseHexGUID(GUIDGenerator.</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4>java:111) at com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.GUIDFac~</SAP:P4>

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Runtime exception occurred during mapping</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

I've done searches here on SDN and found similar scenarios that broke down into either cache problems or as overlooked parameter mapping. Neither of those seems to be my problem.

Is there anything I've overlooked?

<< Moderator message - Please do not promise points >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 13, 2011 4:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you verify if the configuration in the Directory (interface determination etc) is complete?

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could you verify if the configuration in the Directory (interface determination etc) is complete?

Yes, the deployment configuration is correct and the interface determination step correctly uses parameter mapping to pass a reference to the communication channel.

Check your rfc communication channel works

Yes, I can prove that the RFC communication channel works. I can start the Enterprise Services Builder and test my mapping program. In the parameters tab of the test page, I select the RFC communication channel. All of those test work correctly. My RFC executes and I'm getting the correct results.

That's the frustrating part - it tests correctly in the QA Ent Serv builder, but fails when deployed.

can you check in channel monitoring whether the channel used for RFC lookup is green and it has processed the Message which was sent at runtime.

In runtime workbench, I can see that the RFC comm channel is green. If I drill down into the comm channel, I can see the processing details for the message I just tested in Ent Serv Builder.

If I restart a failed message from SXMB_MONI - and then refresh the communication channel details, I do NOT see activity on the communication channel. So that leads me to believe that failure occurs prior to making the RFC call - and isn' related to some sort of bad response from the communication channel.

Edited by: Terry Riedel on Jan 14, 2011 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

From your description it seems that when you are testing from ESR, the correct channel is called and when you execute it at runtime the same channel is not called. Is that correct?

If so, one reason that can cause such a problem is that the channel configured in the Interface determination step under parameters might be still pointing to the development environment. The quality environment will have a different channel with a different business system because normally look up channels are configured beneath SAP PI as Business System and that is different in development and quality environment .

So can you check whether Interface determination Parameters Section has the correct channel which is also configured beneath the correct business system.

Best Regards,

Pratik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Were you able to provide a value for your RFC Receiver in the interface determination parameter of operation mapping? If yes, can you check if the data you are passing to your rfc is valid (both in dev and qa)? It is probable that the samples you send in dev is no longer applicable in qa.

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

It's solved now?

I use the same RFC in 2 different interfaces. In first one it work correctly and in second no.

The strange things is that this interface work correctly in Dev scenario and in TST scenario, BUT NOT IN PRD!!! (

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I have the same problem.

> It's solved now?

>

> I use the same RFC in 2 different interfaces. In first one it work correctly and in second no.

> The strange things is that this interface work correctly in Dev scenario and in TST scenario, BUT NOT IN PRD!!! (

Is possible that the RFC Channel overtake the max connections number and not work correctly in the second execution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide the full stack trace for the error which you see in Mapping? Also can you check in channel monitoring whether the channel used for RFC lookup is green and it has processed the Message which was sent at runtime.

Best Regards,

Pratik

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your rfc communication channel works or not in QA? Make sure your parameter mapping is set accordingly...

The above two steps would give some help.