Select a location that is assigned to the plant chosen

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to create a shopping cart I get the following errors:

Back-end data could not be read

SRM 7, support pack 9 extended classic.

-

I have replicated plants from R3 Back End and everything looks fine in BBP_LOCMAP table and talbe looks same in QA and DEV.

We only get this error in our QA system, DEV system is ok.

The shopping cart is picking up the company code and location from the org chart correctly.

I see postings in the forum for this error but no clear solutions or causes provided.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you check your define backend system configuration

is it pointing to backend logical system name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, define system landscape and backend system for pcats all ok.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE can be used to synchronize business partners.

Assume you have already checked any notes available on this.

Heard this problem earlier but unfortunately do not remember the reasons/solutions...will try & get back on this.

Best regards,

Ramki

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl chck the following:

1) Logical system of the default plant (maintained in extended attributes) is same as the one in attribute ACS

2) Default Storage location (maintained in extended attributes) belongs to default plant.

3) Check business partner details (is the address maintained properly)

Another doubt:

Have you created locations by downloading from ERP using the report (BBp_LOCATIOnS_GET_ALL) or in some other way ?

Have you copied your QA system from Dev system ?

Best regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a copy of another system. This is a fresh build of our QA system and this problem does not and never existed in our dev system so it makes me think it's something in the org structure or something that is done manually.

I did replicate plants using the proper sap program and i have verified in table bbp_locmap that everything looks good and the same as it does in our dev system.

ACS attribute is pointing to the backend R3 system, where the plants were replicated from.

I went into the Business partner for the plant via tcode BP and i don't see any warnings or errors upon clicking enter, I never maintained any of those details manually in dev so that should be fine.

Any other thoughts?

I sent to sap and they came back with worthless notes that don't even apply to our support pack level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE for the entire org structure and did a repair but still stuck with the errors

Back-end data could not be read

Message no. BBP_PD276

Message no. BBP_PD358

Edited by: Matt Joseph on Jan 14, 2011 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

does anybody know the proper place to debug this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody we have solved the issue.

I missed a checkbox in config designating SRM as the local system. This is in define system landscape node.

We found issue by

Put a break point in function module BBP_PD_MSG_ADD. Once you hit one of your messages, check the call stack to see the calling function/method who triggered the error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Did you get root cause of this issue.

We have similar issue when I refer old shopping cart option to create a SC. If I create shopping cart without any reference of old shopping cart, I can able to create SC.

As I moved the company code position in org structure, there might be BP inconsistency for Company code for the old shopping cart, which results error while creating SC.

Regards,

Suresh Pithani

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you mapped plant LOCATION in the extended attribute in the organisation structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes locations are populated in extended attributes and bbplocmap table looks same as it does in dev.

anything else i can check?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i assume that you could order a cart without any issue but when you try to change the location code are you getting this error ?

for ex company has 2 palnt ex1 and ex2

i assume that ex1 comes as default but when you try to change the default plant ex1 to ex2 . is this error throws now? what action troubles you.

in sm59 when you connect , can you see the backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I can't create a shopping cart at all. this is our QA system which I just built yesterday, I don't have this issue in DEV.

I have tried using different plants as my default, tried not having a default, tried changing plants..tried only having 1 plant defined in the org structure, tried moving my user to different org units. Nothing seems to effect the error.

the one thing that we are doing that is new to me is replicating the org structure from HR. I have compared the attributes between DEV and QA and they seem to be the same.

If i click remote logon from SM59 in SRM it does log me into R3....is that the test you are talking about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see in my notes for bulding dev that i ran a tcode to syncronize business partners do u know what that tcode is?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with basis or do testing in SM59 transaction . Can you connect to backend system or your rfc user id password expired /locked. check it up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I was wondering if I should be pursuing issues with locations or issues around BE connection. I figured the connection must be ok or I would not be able to replicate procuct categories and vendors. Also, shopping cart picks up cost center, etc. is this a fair assumption or could it still be a connection issue?

In any case I went to SM59 and clicked connection test for the R3 BE and get the following results, is that the test you were referring to?

Logon 8 msec

Transfer of 0 KB 1 msec

Transfer of 10 KB 2 msec

Transfer of 20 KB 3 msec

Transfer of 30 KB 3 msec

Thanks,

Matt