cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the SAP start-up date and time saved in a Database table?

former_member431093
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is the SAP start-up date and time saved in a Database table that we can access directly with Oracle native SQL with a PL/SQL program running outside SAP? I already know that this information is available in the SAP Startup Log but I want it in an Oracle table.

Thank you,

Michel Thibault

Montreal, Canada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

To the best of my knowledge the SAP startup and time are not stored in the database.

You could get the SAP startup time if you wanted or were able to called the SAP Function.

The function SAPTUNE_GET_SUMMARY_STATISTIC is remoted enabled and will provide you with the SAP Startup time...

Another idea might be to do a ps -ef and look at the SAP processes (if you're on Unix)...this time value will not show after a certain length of time, but the date value will still be there..

Hope this helps!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

audunlea_hansen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

select startup_time from v$instance;

will tell you when you started the database last time. (You may want to do an "alter session set nls_date_format='dd.mm.yy hh24:mi:ss';" to see the whole timestamp)

If you need a log in the database for startup/shutdown, create a trigger to log in a custom table.

Regards

Audun

former_member431093
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much to all of you

Your answers have solved my problem.

Michel Thibault

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should be able to get it from ST02, for SAP and ST04 from DB (Just press F1 on startup time to get the table name).