cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime exception raised when using JDBC datasource to execute SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We followed a mixture of the following blog and help.sap document to execute SQL on a database utilizing JDBC datasource.

/people/william.li/blog/2007/03/30/using-jdbc-connection-pool-in-xi-message-mapping

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ba/e7a1c1bc208c4bbb41b0bd20b066db/content.htm

In PI 7.0 system, this works perfectly fine. In the PI 7.11 system, the same interface no longer works.

The runtime exception, com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Exception:java.lang.RuntimeException: Object not found in lookup of MYDB, is raised.

Has anyone experienced similar issues when upgrading to 7.11?

Kind Regards,

Duke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 supports new feature jdbc lookup for message mapping. You dont need to follow all those blogs. They are for the version pi 7.0 and below. It is very very simple. You need to create one jdbc communication channel (receiver).Follow this below link.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

This might be very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, our SQL statement is rather complex and has several joins. From my understanding, to accomplish the same using the graphical JDBC lookup, we would have to break up the SQL statement into multiple JDBC lookups, which would degrade performance. Thus, we were hoping to use the datasource as we did in PI 7.0.

I believe the same lookups can be accomplished using a JDBC adapter with the DataBaseAccessor, but we are trying to understand why our interface does not work in the PI 7.11 system. I have yet to come accross any release notes or documentation that states the lookup using a datasource is no longer supported in the 7.11 environment.

Thanks and regards,

Duke

Answers (0)