cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials in project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

The material procurement and production scenario for project at my client's place is as follows

For example, project structure has four WBS Elements as WBS 1, WBS 2, WBS 3, and WBS 4

Material procuremet for production occures under Each WBS Element (Ex. Part A being procured under WBS 1, Part B procured under WBS 2 an Part C procured under WBS 3)

A finished product (BOM consists of Part A, B and C) is attached under WBS 4 and production order is triggered for the same under WBS 4

Requirements -

Should able to do GI to production order from WBS 1, 2 and 3

After MRP run on finished product, system should consider the stock available under WBS 1, 2 and 3 and not generate the PR again (shoul not duplicate PR)

Request you to kindly give valuable inputs

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before proceeding with any solution, can you let us know why you would want to split the materials in different WBS, when they all are required to build one assembly ?

Can you re-look into your project structuring & see if you can incorporate all the materials into a single WBS?

If for whatever reason its not possible to combine into one, you might want to evaluate grouping concept for the materials in wbs 1 to 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

The example which i gave in my question is just a simple one. In practice, there are several WBS elements under which procurement will happen.

We cant combine all components under one WBS element because requirement of individual cost monitoring and having different requirement dates.

The requirement is -

We need to add and procure all components under different WBS Elements (Cost of procurement should go under different WBS Elements)

But when we do GR of the components, we need quantities uner one WBS element and costs under different WBS elements.

Please provide your inputs on the same

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if you buy in other WBS, when you issue to the WBS which you intend to, cost will be allocated, so it would not address your need.

I dont know the business context, so wouldn't say anything about it, but if you intend to achieve the need you're looking for then only 2 things come 2 my mind, one working with material type which is only quantity updating & not value updating (don't know if it can meet the other criteria's you might have) or work with non-valuated stock (I personally haven't worked with this so cant assist much).