cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble in executing SAPCAR.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to extract a .SAR using SAPCAR, it throws the error "sapcar is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I tried copying SAPCAR.exe into c:\windows\system32. Checked the path variable as well.

I tried copying SAPCAR.exe into the same folder where the.SAR file is. Doesn't help.

I have admin rights on the laptop too.

Any idea how to resolve this ?

Regards,

Rukmani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JPReyes
Active Contributor

Sounds like you have downloaded a SAPCAR that is not compatible with your OS. maybe download a new SAPCAR from SMP

If you have a system running in that box you can use the SAPCAR available on the kernel directory, make sure the PATH is populated on the env variables (As it should be)

Regards

Juan

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Put the directory in environmental variables where SAPCAR.exe is placed. Execute command

SAPCAR.exe <parameters>

manoj_nayak2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SAP installed in your then login through SIDADM & go to cmd and execute 1st SAPCAR excuteables, if its running ok then extract with SAPCAR -xvf <filename> .

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy sapcar.exe into the directory where you are extracting the .SAR/ CAR files.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to be in the same directory as the SAPCAR.exe and then execute the command .