cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change user for backup scheduled job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our ecc 6.0 system is cluster controlled.i have scheduled regular br offline backup @ night for this month in db13.In a particular day for some reason i have removed the scheduler in db13 and also delete the associated released background job in sm37.On the next day after restarting the system i change the user for backup background job in sm37 for the current day but i need the changes for all rest of the day of this month.One option is that delete from db13 and recreate again with required usreid.

without recreate could anyone tell me how to change the user for background job for the other day also??

Regards

Pinaki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't. You'll have to change the user in the step manually each time.

Why don't you simply delete and recreate the offline backup schedule in DB13 with the right user?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should go to Basis forum I guess. As per my knowledge, DB13 jobs run with a dynamic variant and released instantaneously each day. So you won't find any scheduled job as such for next day and hence you cannot change the user of the background job.

Thanks

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to change the user id in SM37 to run under different user you can highlight the background job which is scheduled to run, double click on that and click on STEP in task bar.

Click on USER and you would have a change pencil icon.

Click on Pencile Icon and It would take you to another pop up were you can have the user name entered.

In this way job would would show some other user name who is creator but would run under the person whom we have entered above.

Thanks and Regards

Arun R